WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
Alo is seeking a self-motivated, creative, and editorial-minded Sr. Brand Communications Manager for its lifestyle division of the business, which includes: Beauty, Wellness and Alo Moves. The ideal candidate must have at least 8 years of PR experience w/ a bachelor’s degree OR 10 years of PR experience, along with 3 years of recent media relations. Agency experience is preferred. You will be responsible for executing proactive and reactive PR and communications strategies, serving as the day-to-day contact for beauty, health, fitness and lifestyle media & stylists. The Senior Manager will play an essential role in supporting the PR Director in the development and execution of: generating maximum brand exposure through creative product placement, profile features and campaign launches. Reporting to the Director of Brand Communications, Alo’s Sr Brand Communications Manager will coordinate editorial activities, execute local and regional PR strategies, and drive the beauty and wellness market share of the brand’s voice through media and VIP placements. You will look after online growth, assist in managing Alo’s editorial network and collaborate with the wider marketing team to turn those media relationships into brand equity. This position will proactively coordinate with respective departments to assist in securing product placements and act as a liaison between the brand and any external agencies or partners. This position will engage with national, regional, lifestyle and entertainment outlets and lifestyle editors to ensure Alo is consistently being featured in the press. The Senior Brand Communications Manager will also have had vast experience working with traditional PR channels as well as key social media channels such as, TikTok and Instagram.
- Partner with the Director of PR to coordinate key PR initiatives, campaigns, launches and events
- Ensure seasonal brand and product ideas are powerfully brought to life through PR activations by liaising with key stakeholders in the marketing organization.
- Play a strong, senior strategic role in shaping and optimizing Alo’s seasonal omni-channel marketing plan as a key communications leader.
- Ensure the brand’s lifestyle presence is seen and heard across earned media platforms, through programs and events designed to keep Alo in the news, on social media and across relevant storytelling platforms.
- Execute lifestyle PR and brand communications strategy rooted in insights and based on department goals and KPIs.
- Develop, maintain and enhance positive relationships with influential experts and VIPs, key opinion leaders, national and local editors and journalists, as well as broadcast to facilitate story placements, interviews and exclusives for the brand.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the current and changing landscape of the fashion, beauty and wellness media industry as a whole.
- Build and regularly follow up on brand health and EMV (monthly and by campaign) for the U.S. market and ensure regular reporting on KPI’s.
- Write compelling press releases and proposal documents with a creative and strategic approach.
- Maintain lifestyle media and VIP lists and manage media monitoring for the lifestyle division.
- Lead execution of small and large-scale events (i.e. media launch events, seasonal presentations, sponsorships, editor market appointments, special events, digital programs, etc.)
- Attend key internal meetings and update managers and team accordingly.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly media placements reports.
- Ability to creatively execute mailings, including leading junior staff in creating recipient lists, sourcing synergistic gifts, communicating next steps and managing budget.
- Carry out all public relations-related initiatives for Alo’s lifestyle division.
- Oversee and analyze seasonal competitive analysis reports to identify strengths and weaknesses for review with the PR Director.
- Mentor and manage the communications team to ensure excellence in execution for the creation of campaign proposals, press materials, briefs, relationship management, media inquiries, and monthly reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field and 8 years of PR experience OR 10 years of PR experience without degree
- Key relationships and proven track record within beauty/fashion/entertainment/lifestyle/culture industry a must.
- At least 3 years of recent experience of media relations in lifestyle, beauty, and/or health & fitness
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Proven track record creating compelling communications campaigns across traditional, digital, and social media that drive strong business results
- Strategic media relations skills; ability to handle press inquiries on a multi-faceted brand and product inquiries
- Passion, knowledge and/or involvement in yoga, health, wellness community
- Posses a broad aptitude and savvy for media relations and brand storytelling
- Desire to grow within a fast-growing environment and handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through and a high commitment to delivering results
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, research, writing, editing and communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally travel & work weekends.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic, and detail-oriented thinker!
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, creative, collaborative environment.
- Collaborative team player with a can do attitude.
- Be in the know – stay current on beauty, fashion, entertainment, lifestyle, culture, art, music and design trends.
- Resourceful, creative and self-motivated with strong organizational skills and aptitude for immediately developing a highly organized approach to managing multiple projects.
- Must be motivated, flexible, poised, and adaptable in rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Developed editorial and design skills (writing, editing, grammar, proofreading, laying out + designing presentations, etc.) along with a high-level of creativity.
- High degree of emotional intelligence; ability to navigate successfully in a highly matrixed global organization
- Must be a leader and a team player with strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate
- Creative strategic thinker and problem solver. Excellent writing skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrates strong project management abilities.
The base salary range for this position is $110,000-$130,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.