ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced data scientist to supervise and manage our experimentation and Personalization measurement initiatives. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing and executing experimentation strategies, performing statistical analysis for our Personalization workstream, defining product metrics and providing insights that help drive business outcomes.
This is a new and exciting role within our product organization that will be supporting several teams by serving as the SME on experimental design and implementation of statistical techniques for measurement to drive data driven decision making across our product organization.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Partner with Machine Learning engineers to support measurement and evaluation of recommendation engines, driving key guidance on improvement areas.
- Design, develop and implement statistical models and algorithms that help optimize the performance of our products and services including Personalization.
- Be the subject matter expert in experimentation by understanding our current product offerings and find ways to optimize for experimentation at scale.
- Evangelize a “test and learn” mindset by developing and maintaining experimentation best practices and guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the current ways of experimentation, identify shortcomings and propose alternatives that accelerate the speed of experimentation.
- Work closely with product teams across the organization to identify opportunities for experimentation, help design and execute them to drive business growth.
- Support the complete life cycle of A/B tests right from the test setup recommendation to defining the relevant success metric to sample size planning to prioritization of the test along with post-test statistical lift analysis.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments in experimentation and testing.
- Hypothesize and design relevant lagging and leading indicators for member engagement that inform our product strategy.
- Mentor and coach other data scientists in the organization by continuously providing technical guidance on their tests and sharing relevant papers/talks from conferences and academia.
- Work towards being a trusted advisor to senior leadership on experimentation and help define a roadmap that aligns with product priorities.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, data science, or computer science; PhD is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data science and experimentation with a strong understanding of correlation vs. causation principles and methods including but not limited to counterfactual evaluation, propensity score matching, doubly robust estimation methods etc.
- Experience with measuring and improving Personalization recommendation models
- Expert in conducting causal studies on observational data to identify causal relationships that provide statistical rigor to data driven insights.
- Proven analytical skills with experience in data analysis tools such as SQL or Python, with experience using machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams and stakeholders with varying seniority and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and has good understanding of both client- and server-side A/B testing.
- Experience with various methods for data visualization and presenting data in a way that can be easily consumed by less technical audiences.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry’s leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.