Seed Health • Director of Healthcare Community
Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME’s Best Inventions 2018.
Director of Healthcare Community
Healthcare is a growing ecosystem of practitioners, coaches, clinics, self-organized patient communities, AI chatbots, and so much more. Inherent in this ecosystem are new symbioses, which you will create using Seed’s expertise in microbiome science. As an early member of Seed’s healthcare business unit, you will create the playbook for how Seed interacts in this ecosystem and builds a community of its own.
At Seed, you’ll start with three primary goals:
- Forge relationships with KOLs (existing and upcoming) in healthcare—those championing the advancement of microbiome education and novel applications of probiotics.
- Nurture an inbound community of healthcare practitioners who seek to partner with Seed to educate their patients or procure Seed products for resale.
- Optimize the internal processes and resources we have for scaling relationships, inquiries, and a CRM that doubles every month.
Since you’ll be interacting with practitioners every day, you’ll have a finesse to handling health questions about patient conditions, awareness of regulations in communicating about supplements and medical foods, and a honed recognition of the opportunities whereby Seed can rise above the noise in the industry with credible education and clarity. Since you’ll also be managing direct revenue generation from these relationships, you’ll identify ways to increase sales per practitioner, improve retention per patient, and launch programs of mutual value for Seed and our partners. These solutions will evolve over time as we scale, so you will identify the upgrades we should be planning, months in advance.
Most importantly, you’ll raise the bar for what practitioners should expect from companies and products to earn their trust and recommendation.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of related business development or marketing experience
- 5+ years interfacing with healthcare practitioners (HCP), translating products and services across varied domains of expertise and fields of medicine
- Previous experience in consumer health or healthcare
- Previous experience brand-side
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Flawless attention to detail in planning, executing and reporting on results of all assigned tasks
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance in probiotics and licensed healthcare practices
- Literacy in health and science