Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As our Senior Employee Relations and Compliance Specialist, you will act as a cornerstone for nurturing a fair and respectful work environment. Your responsibilities will include partnering with the HRBP team to offer expert advice on complex employee relations, refining our performance management systems to echo our organizational goals, and developing innovative workplace strategies. You’ll also lead in educating managers, spearheading our compliance program, managing confidential reporting systems, and ensuring adherence to employment laws and federal regulations. This position is vital in guiding our organization towards maintaining best HR practices, shaping a positive, compliant, and growth-oriented workplace culture.
What you’ll do:
- Address Complex Employee and Performance Scenarios: In direct partnership with the HRBP team, serve as the trusted advisor for both employees and managers.
- Provide expert advice and support on intricate employee relations challenges, ensuring a fair and respectful workplace.
- Oversee and enhance performance management systems, ensuring alignment with our organizational goals. Develop and implement innovative strategies grounded in data to foster and maintain an uplifting and productive work environment.
- Equip managers with the tools and knowledge for effective performance evaluations, fostering growth and development. Create and conduct training programs in employee relations and performance management.
- Support with exit and stay interviews.
- Drive HR Compliance Program:
- Oversee the ethics hotline and case management system, ensuring they remain effective and confidential channels for issue resolution.
- Conduct thorough investigations into workplace issues, ensuring a balanced approach and compliance with legal standards.
- Partner closely with Legal and Info Sec teams to own the compliance training platform, Ethena, and the compliance training program including escalation protocol.
- In partnership with Manager, HR Operations and the Legal team, drive annual Employee Handbook(s) update and rollout
- Serve as primary HR owner for all Federal regulation and requirements as it relates to EEO reporting, AAP, and other Federal Contractor reporting requirements, as well as ensuring compliance with our Federal contractual obligations in partnership with the Legal team.
- Champion Proactive and Effective Compliance Strategies: Stay ahead of employment laws and regulations, regularly updating our practices to ensure we’re not just compliant, but leading the way in HR best practices. Stay updated with the latest industry trends and best practices to ensure effective and relevant training.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Extensive experience in HR, with a focus on employee relations and performance management
- Experience in conducting workplace investigations and managing HR compliance, including federal reporting
- Program/Project management experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $126,000 – $209,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$139,000 – $209,000 : New York City
$132,000 – $198,000 : Nassau, Newburgh
$126,000 – $188,000 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse