Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
Brooks has revolutionized its Data & Analytics capabilities by rebuilding the ecosystem using best of breed cloud native technologies in a multi-cloud environment. This is just the start! We continue to evaluate, implement, and expand our platform to exceed the needs of our business partners. We will partner with our business teams to understand their challenges and seek to implement solutions that they never thought possible. Further we will continue to adopt best practices for operational excellence and enterprise scalability. Brooks is a data savvy company, and our teams expect results.
As the Senior Data & Analytics Business Systems Analyst, you will work with an experience team assigned to one or more specific areas of business solution delivery (e.g. Supply Chain, Growth, Enterprise). You will understand data across multiple domains in the technology landscape and how they may integrate. Using the Scrum framework, you’ll be able to analyze documentation and/or facilitate discussion with your business partners to gather all information needed to write complete user stories. At the same time, you’ll work with the solution delivery team on the ability to meet the requirements and assess user story and solution completeness. You’ll also adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope, effectively navigating conflict between all parties involved.
Come join Brooks in leading the way with Data & Analytics by delivering the most valuable solutions to the organization!
Note: This is a Seattle-based role.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Partner with your Product Manager to ensure your delivery team is adhering to its defined strategy
- Act as the voice of the subject matter expert to help guide multiple stages of development, including user story development, sprint planning, and validating acceptance criteria
- Facilitate difficult discussions amongst stakeholder groups or individuals with competing interests
- Design and facilitate most workshops with multiple stakeholder groups and meetings
- Interview any stakeholders and effectively document the outcomes of these interactions
- BUSINESS ANALYST
- Create compelling cases to measure and communicate proposed project or work effort benefits
- Identify and validate appropriate measures used to assess solution performance
- Assist in story breakdown, sizing, and estimation efforts with the Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and in time Data Science delivery teams to bring clarity to planned work
- Engage in all agile ceremonies and any necessary related processes
- Assist business partners in identifying repeatable test cases and guiding them through creating and executing their user acceptance testing
- Ensure business focused documentation is captured and published in a timely manner
- Support Scrum Master on continuous improvement, automation, and innovation of solutions to accelerate high quality delivery
- Support organizational change objectives
- Have a thirst for continuous improvement, automation, and innovation of solutions to accelerate high quality delivery
- Bring a positive Run Happy energy and work with the team to deliver the best possible solutions
- Other responsibilities as required
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Analysis capability focused on application development, business intelligence, data engineering, or big data space
- 3+ years of experience in the Data and/or Business Intelligence space
- A high degree of analytic capability and inductive thinking required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems
- Experience helping to define business requirements and to evaluate proposed technical and process solutions to meet those requirements
- Knowledge of agile planning tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working in a global environment with colleagues from different cultures and backgrounds
- Comfortable and having experience in working within Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid development methodologies delivering systems development/enhancements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, partners, products, or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!