sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 5,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient – the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
The Director, Brand Marketing will play an integral role in shaping the future of the sweetgreen and serve as a critical member of the Marketing Leadership Team. You will serve as a key stakeholder in brand communications strategy and execution. The Director, Brand Marketing will leverage their proven track record of leading and inspiring breakthrough brand communications campaigns (including brand campaigns, go-to-market product launch strategies, guest engagement promotions, and brand experiences/innovations) to build the sweetgreen brand.
The Director, Brand Marketing will be responsible for the creation and execution of strategic briefs across a fully integrated communications strategy with a passion for guest-obsessed, digital, and culturally driven mindset. With a passion to manage multiple high-stakes campaigns simultaneously, an obsessive attention to detail, and a passion for exceptional creativity, this role has an opportunity to make their mark on the future of food.
As the Director, Brand Marketing, you will:
- Create and lead strategic creative development briefs to guide the creation of new communications in partnership with sweetgreen’s internal cross-functional partners and external agency roster.
- Lead new product launches and go-to-market campaigns by contributing consumer-insight driven, breakthrough go-to-market strategies and briefs, and cross-functional coordination to ensure flawless in-market consumer experience, across all media touchpoints and in-restaurant.
- Lead the timing and sequencing of new communications campaigns, guiding communications development from brief to launch.
- Oversee internal and external communications partners, across traditional agencies, experiential, social media, creative, and tech teams to manage the successful launch of brand campaigns.
- Foster high functioning working relationship with Consumer Insights and our internal Creative team to bring communications strategies and campaign to life, driving impact and measurement against established KPIs, breakthrough and insight-based creative, and also develop a high functioning internal and external communications team.
- Drive decision-making through a spirit of business ownership — contributing a clear financial understanding of the business.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders while taking a leadership role in creating a consumer communications strategy and exploring additional societal trends for bold brand action.
- Assess the continuous evaluation of the competitive landscape, consumer insights, new societal trends, and culture.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience in Brand Marketing, Integrated Communications, and Cultural Marketing
- Experience leading high performance teams, developing and operationalizing brand marketing organizations
- Strong communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Successful track record of program and promotion execution
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration, and team skills
- Ability to solve problems both independently and as part of a team
- Curious and positively resilient
- Experience in using consumer insights and data to drive decision-making
- Experience working with (and maintains active connections with) internal and external creative teams and agency partners
- Minimum 4-Year degree, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years of Brand-Building and Culturally-Driven Integrated Marketing Communications Experience
What you’ll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family’s needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.