We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s Bootcamp! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (People@barrysbootcamp.com or 323-673-0222).
The People & Culture Generalist plays a vital role in the People and Culture department and directly supports Barry’s HQ and instructor operations. This role will report to the SVP, People and Culture. The People & Culture Generalist, is a strategic HR professional that partners with leadership to develop and implement human resource strategies and programs that are in line with Barry’s mission and vision. They must have extensive knowledge in all aspects of HR administration, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, organizational development, learning, employment law, compensation, benefits, and HR systems.
Supports the SVP, People & Culture in providing visible, high-touch HR support for Barry’s employees in their assigned employee groups and serves as a back-up for total company HR queries
Ensure a timely response is made to any claim, court issued documentation, or other report requiring Human Resource approval, action, or contribution
- Champions Barry’s Mission, Vision, and Values daily
- Build relationships with client group to offer leadership on organizational design and people-related execution and movement
- Provides leaders and employees with ongoing coaching, learnings and solutions that support leadership development
- Own corrective action processes and serve as a business partner to recommend outcomes
- Support in effective writing, coaching and execution of corrective action processes
- Work with leaders to drive high performance and synergy within their teams; facilitate team building and team alignment to support leaders to drive top performance
- Partners on initiatives that drive Barry’s culture and employee engagement
- Counsel and advise the management team in handling any employee issues
- Assist in upskilling leaders by educating them on best practices and guiding them through managing the ongoing performance of their team members
- Partner with operational leadership on assessment of talent, succession planning and key talent development to ensure business and talent is prepared for future growth
- Act as a change leader throughout the HQ and instructor organization and work with leaders to ensure change is understood, adopted, and implemented by providing effective planning, communication, and training to enable successful execution of change efforts; ensure actions and steps are in place to follow up, assess progress and continue to drive effective change
- Responds to internal and external People and Culture related enquiries or requests and provides further assistance
- Reviews, processes, and tracks employee actions in their existing region (e.g., hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, receipt of disciplinary notices, etc.)
- Responsible for smooth onboarding and off boarding of employees, ensuring compliance with related checklists
- Reviews and prepares necessary paperwork, obtains approvals, and ensures timely entry into the online system and completion of background check
- Responsible for Form I-9 completion and compliance
- Responsible for technology device distribution (laptops) and software access (e.g., UltiPro, Greenhouse, MarianaTek, etc.)
- Maintain records and retain all personnel related records according to prescribed local, state, or federal law and company policies
- Initiate and maintain any required documentation
- Create and maintain company organization charts
- Assist with discipline, suspension, and termination documentation and procedure including:
Sending initial resignation email, processing the termination profile, confirming PTO payout with manager, scheduling exit interview and coordinating off-boarding efforts
- Prepare and distribute weekly termination checklists
- Ensures state-specific termination requirements are met (e.g., final pay, termination notices, etc.)
- Responsible for unemployment insurance tax management, including all responses, appeals, and hearings
- Remains up to date on Barry’s Handbooks, employee-related policies, PTO, and benefit and payroll information, to assist employees with any inquiries or issues they may have
- Is a skilled user of People and Culture related systems including MarianaTek, Ulitpro, Greenhouse, DocuSign, Sterling, etc., and answers questions or directs employees to the proper outlet
- Supports a data-driven People and Culture practice, by pulling and maintaining reports
- In collaboration with client group management, ensure training is consistent and in compliance. This includes leading and contributing to talent meetings and handbook training
- Ensure a consistent, and safe working environment by maintaining an excellent working relationship with all employees
- Provides support for other People & Culture projects as assigned
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources or a related field of work.
- Four-year degree in Human Resources, Hospitality, or Business Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Experience working in a human resources department and knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Experience working in and maintaining an HRIS, preferably with UltiPro/UKG.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently when necessary, and use sound business judgment.
- Ability to present an uplifting personality while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics.
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values and HR principles, while ensuring the upmost consistency.
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and frequent overtime on short notice.
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
Please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Barry’s studios and corporate offices.