The Field Business People Partner will support the ongoing operations of the Field People and Learning Teams, primarily focused on the administration of the systems and processes that support a 5-star experience in our restaurants and for our newly hired employees and leaders.
A successful candidate will be passionate about creating a positive work environment and excited about the prospect of bringing it to life in our people and learning systems.
What You’ll Do
- Support the day-to-day operations of the People Business Partner team, including receiving and resolving tickets related to employee relations, compensation, transfers and promotions
- Support the administration of People Business Partner systems and tools including; Regional People Planners, AllVoices (ER Platform) and sg People Support
- Support investigations and requests from the legal team by conducting research, organizing investigation data and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of known issues and resolutions to enable faster resolution of repeat issues
- Analyze trends in employee relations issues to identify opportunities for improvement, build preventative measures, and propose new initiatives to enhance the employee experience
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate teams and follow up through resolution
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and managers when assisting with People-related questions or issues
Field Learning Support
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Field Learning team, including the administration of the Certified Trainer, Certified Training Restaurant and Coach-in-Training programs
- Support the administration of the Field Learning team systems and tools including; Wisetail (LMS), Training Completion Reporting, Field Leadership Training Calendar and Source Doc (Training Tracker)
- Facilitating travel arrangements for our new market leaders while they are in training
- Monitoring and tracking feedback from training programs and classes
- Facilitating training classes as needed (CIT, Sweet Start, Train-the-Trainer, etc.)
- Supporting with the onboarding of new CTRs and TRHCs
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and managers when assisting with Learning-related questions or issues
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 3+ years with a restaurant management background
- Knowledge of retail systems and tools (Labor Management, POS, Security Camera, LMS)
- Ability to understand organization’s learning policy and goals
- Strong business communication skills that make learning easy for employees to access
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management, planning, organizing, and execution skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in education, organizational development, human resources or a related discipline
- Passion for sweetgreen’s food and mission
What you’ll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family’s needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.