We appreciate your interest in employment with Barry’s! Barry’s is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing this application or with the application process because of a disability, please contact the People and Culture Department (People@Barrys.com or 323-673-0222).
Working in partnership with the Talent Leadership Team, the Chief Curriculum Lead facilitates the recruitment, training, and development of Barry’s Instructors. They also support the daily Curriculum operations of Barry’s studios, ensuring that communication is streamlined and well-coordinated. The incumbent is a high-performing Barry’s Instructor, who exhibits exceptional leadership abilities and full alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
This position may be based out of any US market with a Corporate-owned Barry’s studio and is only open internally to Barry’s Instructors.
Own a permanent schedule of Barry’s classes, role modeling best of brand standards in delivering first-class training to all clients with impeccable programming.
- Support the Talent Leadership in identifying potential talent and vetting candidates to keep a full talent pipeline.
Serve as a point of contact and reference for potentially interested Barry’s Instructors, maintaining robust knowledge of the Instructor Career Path.
- Partner with the Talent Leadership team to select and finalize candidates for Barry’s Instructor Training Program.
Support Instructor Trainings, providing clear, direct, and consistent brand feedback to Instructor Trainees.Manage the pre- and post-training process to ensure proper support for new Instructors as they ramp.
- Lead continuing education and Instructor development efforts, supporting the VP of Instructor Training and Development in systemizing and scaling Curriculum Programs.
- Regularly audit Instructor’s classes, partnering with Talent Leadership to ensure the delivery of consistent feedback and streamlined communication on Instructor development, performance, schedules, growth, and career pathing.
Work to uphold Barry’s community and culture standards, and live the Company’s mission, vision, and values daily.Represent the Barry’s brand within the studio and throughout the fitness community.Set a positive example for all Barry’s team members through exemplary conduct, embodiment of Barry’s culture, and strong work ethic.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Senior Instructor or above at Barry’s, having consistently met or exceeded all of the position’s performance requirements (minimum of 575 classes taught in the prior year and top 40% of utilization among peers).