Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Government Customer Success Manager (CSM) role contributes to the mission of BetterUp by ensuring that our customers and members receive the full value of the BetterUp platform. You’ll work with partners across the Department of Defense, Federal Civilian Agencies, and state and local governments to help accomplish their missions. The Government CSM leads the end-to-end partner lifecycle journey from design to value and outcome delivery. Our Customer Success Managers are our clients’ key strategists, consultants, and growth planners. CSMs partner with the Account Management and Implementation teams to drive adoption, renewals, and expansions. Leadership skills, client service orientation, strategic consulting, project management, relationship mastery, problem-solving, and storytelling are the core skills exercised in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Build rapport with and expand customer/executive sponsorship and champions, aligning internal BetterUp resources to further relationships and account health.
- Be a true champion of account health, taking action on early warning signals; escalating to leadership appropriately. Ensures best-in-class program engagement across all programs regardless of size, teeing Government partners up for expansions well ahead of the renewal period.
- Create thoughtful, value-based recommendations that help customers maximize value; make internal recommendations on customizations or ways to serve globally while balancing ROI, scale, and time to market.
- Drive problem-solving and risk mitigation strategies, engaging cross-functional partners to get results. Oversee customer-centric projects or customizations, as required.
- Manage relationships with program sponsors and day-to-day partners while teaming with your account team to increase the breadth and depth of relationships. Become a true advocate of your customer’s best interest internally at BetterUp as well as with the customer’s of BetterUp.
- Understand customer strategy and challenges; align BetterUp’s Human Transformation Platform with their internal narrative and desired outcomes to maximize insights and value.
- Contribute to the evolution of our product & product functionality, product marketing, and internal and customer best practices
- Ability to travel for up to 10% of the time.
- Preference for candidate to be located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Previous experience building deep relationships with customers, stakeholders, and client teams. Must have previously served as the main point of contact for customers.
- Strong experience keeping customers’ expectations grounded in reality, and pushing back while maintaining a positive relationship. Must be able to be prescriptive, consultative, and credible.
- Project management experience and/or experience managing multiple projects with separate stakeholders at once.
- Must have demonstrated ability to build industry or company-specific knowledge and business acumen and engage with senior leadership of large organizations.
- Strong experience inspiring customers to do something different. Should have experience consulting or managing customers in a solution that required behavior change of end-users.
- Experience in the HCM SaaS space or Talent disciplines is highly valued, though not required.
- Experience in the Public Sector space, especially with Department of Defense and cabinet-level Federal agencies is highly valued, though not required.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $107,000 – $179,000.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$119,000 – $179,000: New York City
$113,000 – $169,000: Nassau, Newburgh
$107,000 – $161,000: Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse