Who We Are:
Nutrabolt is a fast-growing, global active health and wellness company with a portfolio of market leading performance-oriented brands that energize and fuel active lifestyles. The company’s disruptive and innovative products compete in the Functional Beverage and Active Nutrition segments, under three consumer-loved brands: C4® (one of the fastest-growing energy drink brands in the United States and the #1 selling global pre-workout brand), XTEND® (the #1 post-workout recovery brand in the United States), and Cellucor® (an award-winning sports nutrition brand created in 2002).
Since its founding 20 years ago, Nutrabolt has set out to meet the discerning needs of performance athletes and fitness enthusiasts, while appealing beyond this core group to include consumers around the globe who are making healthy, active living a daily priority.
As a Certified Great Place to Work, Top Workplaces USA honoree, Fortune Best Workplace in Texas, and more – Nutrabolt cares deeply about our people, planet, and the communities we serve. Here, our teammates are united by our mission, and take ownership in creating a healthy workplace environment that promotes strong bodies, clear minds, and a culture of respect and belonging for all.
Note to applicants: This role is located in Austin, TX. Relocation support will be offered should our hired candidate need to relocate.
Who You Are:
The Nutrabolt’s Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting, banking, insurance, tax compliance, and control and planning functions. This includes managing the monthly close process, forecasting customer sales and costs monthly, establishing standard costs annually, monthly forecasting and annual and strategic planning, reporting on cost, production and inventory variances by customer and product, forecasting and planning weekly transactional cash, monitoring customer pricing, maintaining bank credit advances and debt service, establishing and maintaining banking relationships, establishing and maintaining product and general liability insurance, defining, improving and documenting processes and establishing and monitoring internal controls over inventory, cash receipts and cash disbursements and leading financial reporting by developing regular and intuitive operational and executive and operational reporting.
This role is eligible to participate in our Management Bonus Plan.
What You’re Good At:
- Leading and developing a team by setting expectations and holding the team accountable to successfully complete the processes, duties, and requirements outlined below
- Developing processes and procedures to deliver a five-day closed and reconciled trial balance
- Writing annual reports and supporting annual audit of financial statements and accompanying notes in accordance with US GAAP, using partnership and/or C-Corp tax accounting planning and reporting processes
- Reviewing and approving monthly financial statements, account reconciliations of inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable and review of various accounting issues
- Developing and publishing monthly management and operational executive reporting that facilitates operational and financial controls and business optimization in an easy and intuitive format utilizing Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ensuring compliance with company’s revenue recognition policy on a monthly and annual basis
- Developing accounting policies and procedures and associated internal controls
- Executing supplier and customer setups and sales and use and GST/HST (Canada) compliance
- Ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Provincial Income Tax reporting and establishing Income and transactional Nexus evaluations for US States and Canadian Provinces
- Completing customer Terms, terms and conditions of sale and credit line extensions
- Third party logistics inventory valuation and periodic cycle counting
- Completing cash applications and reconciliations daily
- Reporting and control of customer deductions and chargebacks for discounts, coupons, SPIFFS (Customer incentive funds) and returns and allowances by customer channel
- Establishing and maintaining a “lean” accounting, administration and cost and revenue planning and reporting environment
- Coordinating with external auditors and leading compliance with annual reporting and quarterly bank covenants. Planning, managing and servicing the company’s revolving line of credit to ensure advances and payments are made in a timely manner to ensure compliance with all covenants and ensure minimal banking fees and interest expenses
- Developing and maintaining effective liaisons with the companies banking partners and financial and tax accounting providers
- Establishing and monitoring third party payroll and employment tax, insurance and statutory compliance, third party sales and use tax provider for collection, assessment and reporting or sales and use tax in Texas and each state and province where Nutrabolt has “NEXUS”
What You Contribute:
- 15-20+ years of experience with a CPA, CMA or international equivalent preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance
- Senior manager experience in a distribution company, ideally in a consumer products company
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft 365 Suite of products including: Excel, Access, Power Point and SharePoint
- Exceptional data management and system design and development experience and ability to develop SQL and relational data bases. Experience with Tableau, MONARCH, COGNOS, HYPERION, Qlikview or other equivalent data management, reporting and presentation tools a strong plus
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to lead a team of professionals but with a “hands on” and everyone contributes mindset
- Excellent leadership skills with an influential presence to drive accountability and outcomes through strategic partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical success attributes
Nutrabolt cares about our teammates’ physical, mental, and financial wellness by providing benefits like: competitive health insurance, life insurance, mental wellness programs, 401K matching, and a monthly fitness allowance.
We offer unlimited vacation paid time off and volunteer time off. You’ll get discounts on C4 Energy, Cellucor, and XTEND products, too!
Reach your full potential at work by taking care of all loved ones at home with Nutrabolt’s paid parental leave, childcare benefits, pet insurance, group legal benefits, and more.
Employment Type: Full-time
Please review our CCPA policy here.