ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enterprise Data team at Peloton works with many teams to get the most out of their data. As an Analytics Engineer you’ll work with stakeholders to build models the right way and serve as a thought leader on standard methodologies around analysis. Peloton is looking for a versatile individual to join the team to build and maintain foundational data infrastructure crucial to gaining insights.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
This hire will be instrumental in crafting the team’s technical direction and growth. We’re looking for someone who can:
- Architect performant, accurate, and scalable dimensional data models using dbt and LookML using DRY (don’t repeat yourself) principles
- Set up tests to ensure data quality, supervise daily job execution, and diagnose/fix issues to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with data pipelines urgently and thoroughly
- Understand business context and support analysts/business stakeholders in crafting and standardizing source-of-truth Looker Explores and Dashboards
- Detail your designs, prioritize data governance, and promote best practices
- At Peloton, we’ve invested in a modern data tech stack (Redshift, Airbyte, Airflow, dbt, Looker) and a world-class data team. If you’re passionate about using the best technology out there and being part of a growing team that values teamwork, proactivity, disciplined decision making, and knowledge sharing, we’d love to hear from you.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5-7 years experience in an analytics engineering, data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role supporting a variety of business domains (Serious plus: You’ve worked with subscription and/or ecommerce based business models)
- Demonstrated experience helping teams streamline and scale with improvements to technical design, code review, and analytics architecture
- Expertise in SQL and ETL optimization techniques, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Redshift, as well as use of OSX command line and version control software. (Plus: Knowledge of AWS ecosystem/CLI and data ingestion tools [e.g. Fivetran, Stitch])
- Experience building Looker data models (LookML), data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (e.g. Airflow, dbt), schema design, and dimensional data modeling
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, and attention to detail for data validation and QA
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when explaining technical or sophisticated matters to less technical co-workers
- Ability to document design and technical specifications in a clear and concise way.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON), provides Members with expert instruction, and world class content to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton brings together immersive classes, cutting-edge technology and hardware, and the Peloton App with multiple tiers to personalize the Peloton experience [with or without equipment]. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has millions of Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Austria. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members’ greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Peloton, where all team members, applicants, and other covered persons are considered on the basis of their personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all practices and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.