OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We’re on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. While we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before. Our team is also fully remote, requiring us to be resourceful, creative and collaborative to support our fast-moving business.
To best serve our diverse community of customers, we also seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Working at a start-up can be as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. To succeed at a company like Olipop, you must be comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting. You need to be curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible. You must be confident enough to express your ideas but humble and open to learning from your experiences and from others. If this is the approach you take to life, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Director of Sales (Kroger & Albertsons) will be responsible for taking ownership of our Kroger and Albertsons business, building relationships and trust with our Category Managers to help drive increased revenue growth and profitability, while collaborating with the broader OLIPOP team.
- Responsible for all aspects of business related to Kroger and Albertsons.
- Lead and mentor the Key Account Manager who will be a direct report, and help to support the management of Kroger and Albertsons.
- Creating the strategy for all promotional calendars and cost-effective retailer programming for Kroger and Albertsons. Review plans and promotional history to evaluate tradespend/ROI and increase profitability while growing sales.
- Responsible for leading the charge on all new item / innovation presentations to retailers, to ensure we’re getting our newest flavors & product lines out to retail as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
- Create strategy and priorities for the OLIPOP field teams, 3rd party merchandising partners and broker partners, to implement approved sales and marketing strategies to optimize sales at store level.
- Work with distributors including DPI, UNFI, KeHE, Pete’s, Crescent Crown and Savannah Distributing to ensure new items set-up for items launching at Kroger and Albertsons and monitor orders to ensure reset orders are placed and fulfilled on time for resets.
- Responsible for reporting directly to our Sr. Director of Sales on a weekly basis with your retailer status and focus. Create presentations for the leadership team on a consistent basis in regards to your key account priorities, goals, strategy, and initiatives.
- Monthly meetings with our Demand Planner and Ops team to ensure accurate forecasts with timely communication to meet our production lead times.
- Meet bi-weekly with our trade marketing team to organize marketing activations to drive brand awareness & coordinate key programs with Kroger and Albertsons.
- Coordinate and execute retailer events such as Kroger’s Wellness Fair, as well as attend tradeshows such as Expo West.
- Deeply passionate about OLIPOP, and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact.
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior. Lives, breathes and dreams about how to better reach & understand our consumers.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early-stage company. Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end.
- Works well with ambiguity and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Experience with team collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends for special events/tradeshows.
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
- 5-10 years of experience with a working knowledge of the ins and outs of conventional grocery retailers and the CPG industry.
- Kroger headquarter level experience is requiredfor this role.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of National Accounts
$140,000-$150,000 base salary plus bonus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.