OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We’re on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. While we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before. Our team is also fully remote, requiring us to be resourceful, creative and collaborative to support our fast-moving business.
To best serve our diverse community of customers, we also seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Working at a start-up can be as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. To succeed at a company like Olipop, you must be comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting. You need to be curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible. You must be confident enough to express your ideas but humble and open to learning from your experiences and from others. If this is the approach you take to life, then we’d love to hear from you.
OLIPOP is looking for a Director of Sales – Northeast to represent us in the Northeast. In this role you’ll prioritize your time to focus on the highest impact areas, while working with and inspiring our DSD partners, third-party sales resources, retailers, and dynamic team to deliver a whole greater than the sum of its parts. You’ll be leading, managing, and owning the business across the northern East Coast. With laser focus, you’ll be exploring and driving new opportunities, while also building on the high velocities we’re already seeing in the market.
This role will work closely with the Vice President of Sales and broader team to further the development, sales, and promotion of the brand while building brand loyalty across all sales channels. If you’re looking for a fast pace, personal growth, responsibility and a lot of fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in.
Vice President, Sales
- Collaborate with senior management, marketing, and national accounts to communicate and execute against company strategic direction, priorities, and financial guardrails.
- Establish and manage partnerships with DSD distributors and regional food brokers.
- Establish and communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Translate national business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focus resources accordingly within the territory.
- Negotiate funding agreements with distributor partners for all channels of trade.
- Design and implement incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives.
- Execute and evaluate rolling forecasts against annual plans on a monthly basis.
- Leverage key consumption data sources, developing fact-based plans and solutions.
- Manage key retailers: establish promotion calendars, new items, trade spend investment, post-promo analysis, and retail programs.
- Build innovative presentations for total business and distribution partners designed to initiate an action-oriented response.
- Lead, motivate, mentor, coach, and train a team of Regional Managers to deliver results by establishing measurable goals by territory and customer.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
- Conceive of and execute big-picture short and long term plans for portfolio architecture, territory expansion, marketing support, budgets, sales forecasts by SKU, and distributors. Create vision, goals, strategies, objectives, and tactics.
- Accountable for cost containment, sales growth, revenue and profit growth.
- Holistic sales skills to align to our strategic goals including:
- Use of data and data-based story telling
- Identification of primary and backup strategies
- Getting that mammoth! Tackling each day with pursuit and vigilance.
- A high EQ approach to selling and leading a team.
- Deeply passionate about Olipop and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact.
- People leader with demonstrated experience managing a field sales team through servant leadership.
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior: lives, breaths & dreams about how to better reach and understand our consumers.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early stage company. Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- Experience in the Natural Products Industry and relevant classes of trade with CPG selling background in (refrigerated/ambient/frozen) spaces highly preferred.
- Established relationships and experience working with key retail accounts and multiple distributors across multiple channels.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end.
- Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills. Full competence with G-Suite and Microsoft Suite.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales within a consumer-packaged goods company.
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Retailer Portals) and Trade Math (selling price, margins, etc.).
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
Our ideal candidate will be located in the Northeast Region of the US. There will be frequent travel in this region, north of Virginia.
Ideal states for candidates to reside include: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania
$120,000-$130,000 base salary plus bonus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.