We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
We’re a growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
We’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better, with an aim to become the essential health partner to women worldwide.
The needs of the user is everything to us, and how those needs are served falls under our Product teams.
They’re ideators of easy to use, information rich resources across our whole platform who – along with Analytics teams – get to the ‘why’ in order to create unrivaled user experiences.
You’d be joining a small but market-leading team of conversation designers (part of a wider content team) creating chatbot dialogues that help support, inform and inspire our users to better their health.
You would work across different topics – from sex to pregnancy and health conditions such as endometriosis – collaborating closely with our multi-disciplinary team of medical and legal advisors, product managers, analysts and researchers.
Ensuring every dialogue is designed to deliver the information our audience needs in the most accessible and engaging way, and in Flo’s tone of voice, as well as passing our stringent medical and legal reviews. Essentially, your content should make taking out or renewing a Flo subscription a no-brainer for people everywhere.
In order to ensure your conversations are designed as strategically as possible, you’d be working closely with our analysts to understand the performance of every dialogue node, and to ensure every dialogue you work on ladders up to our business goals and mission.
Whether you already work in conversation design in a product-led company, or you’re keen to move out of a scriptwriting role into femtech, this role offers a lot of opportunity to upskill and future-proof your career.
- Conversation design skills. You need an ear for excellent dialogue that’s laser-focused, empathetic, and helps users get a job done.
- Writing or scriptwriting in women’s health. You’re comfortable writing long and short-form content, have a knack for turning jargon-packed medical briefs into engaging copy, and can spot a dud medical fact a mile off.
- A strong foundation in analytics. You should be comfortable using data to inform your conversation design ideas, and should understand how to review the performance of what you create – and plan improvements.
- Working towards business goals. You should be comfortable and competent at pitching conversation design ideas that align with, and deliver on, the company’s quarterly objectives.
- A flexible working style. You’re just as happy juggling lots of diverse, smaller tasks as being dedicated to one project for a whole quarter. You’re as game to audit and improve/repackage old content, as to create new.
- A collaborative approach. You’d be working closely with a range of different disciplines including product managers, analysts, designers, medical advisors, and UX researchers. You should be open to learning from them – as well as sharing your skills/knowledge – to create the best product together.
- A growth mindset. Willing to give and receive constructive feedback – and act on it. You should be open to spotting gaps in your knowledge and skills and be excited to close them, with support.
- Proactivity. You should be eager to participate in meetings, presentations, and projects. You’ll also be expected to spot opportunities for content or process improvements, pitching them with clear rationale, and helping to get them up and running.
- An active, enthusiastic contributor to ideation sessions. We expect you to be buzzing with fresh ideas for new dialogues or fresh angles on our core topics.
Nice to have:
- Whether you already work in conversation design or content design in a product-led company.
- Experience working in a company that uses Agile methodology.
- Having worked in a start-up environment.
- Experience using Looker, Jira, Figma, Miro, and/or Contentful.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating release-ready chatbot dialogues that pass our content, medical, and legal checks and deliver on our users’ needs.
- Generating ideas for new dialogues– including fresh angles and formats – using data and insights to give a clear rationale for them.
- Checking the performance/business impact of the dialogues you create and suggesting and planning improvements.
- Presenting your work and learnings to the wider team/other teams.
- Active participation in ideation sessions and workshops, as well as other team meetings.
What you wont be doing:
- Creating lightweight, throwaway chat on lifestyle topics – all our content ties back to our users’ menstrual/reproductive health.
- Having total autonomy to create and execute dialogues in isolation. All of our work is a team effort, involving input from everyone from product managers to medical advisors.
- Being left to fend for yourself if a deadline is going off course or we’re not set to hit a target – we win/lose as a team and we always work together to share workload and responsibility.
Your targets will be:
- Contribute to hitting metrics targets with your team, for e.g. trials, dialogue engagement, dialogue completion rates, and user retention.
- Efficiently and effectively follow all production processes and suggest improvements.
- Foster a positive, honest, curious and collaborative environment within the team.
UK – £47,000 – £58,000 gross per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
On top of competitive salaries, Flo’s employees have access to:
- A flexible working environment with the opportunity to come into the office and work from home
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations – an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a growing business means that sometimes it’s not easy and we work hard, but our mission is always at the forefront of what we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.