We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 62M monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
We’re a growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
We’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better, with an aim to become the essential health partner to women worldwide.
Flo is hiring a Creative Director to lead and grow our marketing Creative Studio. In its path to Unicorn status, this team enables Flo’s marketing to scale while becoming more effective.
Flo’s Creative Studio is customer-centric, multidisciplinary and highly experimental. The team produces creative concepts and assets weekly to support user acquisition, member lifecycle marketing, App Store optimisation and owned brand channels.
The team is made up of six graphic designers (some with illustration skills), three motion designers, two writers, and two producers, and we are making further hires to grow the team.
Within Flo, we also work laterally with an in-house video production and sound design team, user-generated content managers and creative strategists.
- 5+ years in Creative leadership roles, preferably in a scale-up, though agency experience will be considered – team management and scaling are a must;
- Leadership and ownership of creative for paid user acquisition and lifecycle marketing within a tech company;
- Understanding of the metrics that drive success: CTR, IPM, CPA;
- A proven track record of scaling output and effectiveness of creative work in a fast-growing company;
- Proven experience designing full-funnel campaigns and communications;
- Strong eye for visual identity and composition;
- Strong in using qualitative and quantitative data to create concepts and brief these within the team;
- Excellent creative brainstorm facilitator;
- Thinks full funnel across the entire user journey.
- Thinking in scalable systems versus micro-managing;
- Making the complex simple;
- Strong bias to action;
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead effectively across time zones and offices (London, Vilnius);
- High EQ and builds trust quickly across teams through reliability, accountability, integrity, and nonjudgement.
Nice to have:
- App experience a plus;
- Experience in delivering product marketing campaigns globally;
- Experience in delivering cross-functional rebrand projects.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for:
- Planning and briefing creative projects on a quarterly basis across Brand, Member Marketing and User Acquisition;
- Developing new creative concepts weekly for user acquisition to grow our TAM. Working directly with UA and our Producers to look at results of past tests and live creatives;
- Improving and scaling our design systems for member marketing; developing campaigns on a monthly basis to drive revenue with existing members, including seasonal sales, new content pushes and personalised insights;
- Leading campaign development laterally for GTM for new product feature launches 2-3x a year;
- Managing, mentoring and inspiring a brilliant, talented team of data-driven designers;
- Travel likely M-Th; 1x month to Vilnius.
Your targets will be:
- Improving our lifecycle marketing campaigns with improved creative for each campaign (Targets disclosed in interview process);
- Scaling more than 15% of our user acquisition concepts into business as usual campaigns through insights, conceptual development and messaging work; we will be scaling User Acquisition campaigns in three core markets in 2024 too;
- Developing best in class creative reporting and briefing with our production team;
- Delivering product marketing campaigns with cut through, memorability and simplicity of message that are cohesive and perform across user acquisition, lifecycle, influencer, organic, press and internal communications;
- Implementing new brand elements across marketing and into engineering and product; so experience doing this in a tech organization lends a huge advantage.
UK – ₤120,000 – ₤135,000 per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
On top of competitive salaries, Flo’s employees have access to:
- A flexible working environment with the opportunity to come into the office and work from home
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations – an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a growing business means that sometimes it’s not easy and we work hard, but our mission is always at the forefront of what we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.