Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME’s Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
Seed has already redefined what’s possible in DTC e-commerce, and now you will set a new standard for how probiotics are sold on Amazon. For years, we have focused our e-commerce efforts on subscription only, and a launch on Amazon means we will need to upgrade our business iOS to welcome one-time purchases. We see Amazon as a set of twin turbo-charged rockets waiting to be ignited. You will own the P&L and every performance KPI, so you will be our architect, navigator, and lead carpenter for this major new-to-Seed sales channel. Amazon’s marketplace is an obvious priority, but we’re looking for someone who is tapped into the larger Amazon ecosystem as well—Fresh, Clinic, Pharmacy, etc.
You’ll report to our VP of New Channels and you’ll have an agency partner with a great reputation in VMS categories as your support on day 1.
- Own P&L and maximize incremental net revenue for Seed via the Amazon ecosystem
- Build a business plan that encompasses marketing, promotions, digital product, packaging, supply chain, customer service, and data analytics
- Set and track core performance KPIs—including sales, sales forecast, inventory levels, promotional spend, keyword rankings, ratings
- Analyze and communicate positive, negative, and net impacts to our DTC business
- Propose and plan for product launches
- Refine roles and responsibilities across our team (and our external agency) as the channel grows, aiding with hiring as needed
- 5+ years of experience selling on the Amazon.com platform with an e-commerce-first CPG brand
- 8-10 years of experience in e-commerce
- Experience leading large, complex, and first-of-their-kind projects end to end, from strategy to launch to scale
- A strong understanding of LTV and CAC components
- Experience in both FBA and FBM sales models
- Proficient in Amazon Seller Central, advertising platforms, and analytics tools
- Ideally, familiar with Amazon PPC media buying and opportunities to optimize performance marketing campaigns
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate across all departments
- Flawless attention to detail in planning and execution of all assigned tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including the perseverance to push heavy boulders uphill (metaphorically, of course)
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $180-$220k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US). Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
Seed Health does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or any employee of the Seed team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Seed Health vendors who have been requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening.