We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
We’re a growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
We’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better, with an aim to become the essential health partner to women worldwide.
The needs of the user is everything to us, and how those needs are served falls under our Product teams.
They’re ideators of easy to use, information rich resources across our whole platform who – along with Analytics teams – get to the ‘why’ in order to create unrivaled user experiences
We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to join the team at Flo.
This is an exciting time to join us. We’re on a journey to become a world-class design team, and there’s lots to get stuck into, including:
- Working to ensure content design is a valued and essential part of the design process, from planning and strategy all the way to delivery and build.
- Improving collaboration and communication within our product teams.
- Using creativity and communication skills to showcase the breadth and depth of what content design can do.
- Working to embed accessible, inclusive, user-centred design in our standards and processes.
As we continue to experience an exciting period of fast growth, we need content designers who can balance managing the needs and priorities of the business and champion the importance of considering user needs, motivations and contexts – all while bringing creativity and clarity to every touchpoint and turning complex concepts into something simple and human.
You’ll play an essential role in developing features like our Symptom Checker, Health Assistant chatbot, Flo for Partners, and contribute to a whole roadmap of exciting projects to come in 2024.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an exceptional Content Designer with a keen interest in health technology, capable of turning complex user problems into intuitive solutions that solve real-world user problems.
- Can flex as needed between prototyping new products, designing end-to-end experiences and creating compelling microcopy such as feature overviews, error messages and pushes.
- Is comfortable coming up with solutions and new processes, challenging ways of working while also listening in order to understand and serve business needs.
- Is confident explaining your hypotheses and the process behind your decisions.
- Is a strong planner who thrives on variety and a fast-paced environment.
- Has a passion for content design and the value it brings to product teams.
- Is able to balance working on more than one key project at a time, liaising with stakeholders in order to meet deadlines, whilst producing high quality content solutions.
- Content design experience and expertise.
- Comfortable co-designing with Product Designers in collaborative tools such as Figma.
- Brilliant communication skills – with the ability to influence others and advocate for content design at all levels, from other designers to product managers to senior stakeholders.
- A portfolio that demonstrates impact in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience designing end-to-end solutions as well as quick and impactful optimisations and experiments.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on mobile apps and with a complicated subject like health.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for:
- Design clear, concise, and compelling content for new features, widgets, paywalls experiences and more.
- Help define the proposition for new features, shape narratives and work collaboratively with other disciplines on features that span different teams and product streams.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Data Analysts and Product Managers to define new experiences across our app and website.
- Advocate for content design in your product teams and in the wider community.
- Proactively seek areas for improvement, working with all content disciplines and across other product streams to find solutions.
- Work closely with Localisation to ensure messaging and tone of voice is kept consistent and makes sense across different markets.
- Evangelise for human-centred design, readability, accessibility and creativity.
- Help other Content Designers develop their skills, by sharing best practice, collaboration, and training opportunities.
- Join crits to give and receive feedback on work, cultivating our strong, caring Content Design team culture.
- Run and contribute to workshops and co-working sessions to foster a collaborative culture and ‘work in the open’.
UK – ₤63,000 – £70,000 gross per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
On top of competitive salaries, Flo’s employees have access to:
- A flexible working environment with the opportunity to come into the office and work from home
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations – an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a growing business means that sometimes it’s not easy and we work hard, but our mission is always at the forefront of what we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.