OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We’re on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. While we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before. Our team is also fully remote, requiring us to be resourceful, creative and collaborative to support our fast-moving business.
To best serve our diverse community of customers, we also seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Working at a start-up can be as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. To succeed at a company like Olipop, you must be comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting. You need to be curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible. You must be confident enough to express your ideas but humble and open to learning from your experiences and from others. If this is the approach you take to life, then we’d love to hear from you.
OLIPOP is searching for an Area Sales Manager to join our team and represent us in San Francisco/ North Bay territory, preferably based within the territory. This position focuses on impact in the field built on the back of amazing relationships. Our fast turning product is distributed through a range of different stores in the NorCal region from retailers like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Safeway, Raley’s, Target, Walmart and independent retailers.
In this role you’ll have to prioritize your time to focus on the highest impact areas, while working with and inspiring our DSD partners and third-party sales resources in the region to deliver a whole greater than the sum of its parts. You’ll be opening new doors, but you’ll also be building on high velocities we are already seeing in the market. If you’re looking for a fast paced environment, an opportunity for personal growth and responsibility, and enjoy having fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in!
- Deliver on monthly volume and distribution goals and achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Manage partnerships with distributors, food brokers, and retailers in the NorCal market.
- Conduct weekly “route rides” with our DSD partners and food brokers, and pinpoint opportunities for underperforming accounts and routes.
- Monitor inventory and proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Assist our other ASMs and Director in distributor management meetings by providing well documented reports on the levels of distribution, display, and sales by the distributor.
- Implement and execute incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives.
- Manage chain retailers: new item launches and retail programs.
- Gain additional placement within accounts, including secondary points of purchase and cooler placement.
- Collaborate with field-marketing teams to create comprehensive marketing plans to profitably increase market share.
- Assist stores in packing out and merchandising which will require lifting multiple cases of product.
- Occasional travel required to assist with other markets and retails, roughly once a quarter.
- Deeply passionate about OLIPOP, and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact.
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior. Lives, breathes and dreams about how to better reach & understand our consumers.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early stage company. Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end.
- Works well with ambiguity and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Experience with team collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
- Physical Requirements / Working Conditions: must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Director of Sales, West
$65,000 base salary + bonus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.