We’re quite proud of our achievements…
300M+ downloads, 55M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
We’re a growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
We’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better, with an aim to become the essential health partner to women worldwide.
We’re a world-class team of product builders, engineers, data scientists, growth hackers, user researchers, designers, and medical experts — all building an app that generates long-term value to our millions of users worldwide. Our engineers aren’t just building a better product; they’re making the world a better place by improving access to important health information. We leverage machine learning and AI to provide accurate cycle predictions and relevant, personalized, and medically credible health tips.
We’re looking for an experienced Fullstack Engineer to join us and drive the technological part of the Flo website. Website is closely related to the other Flo ecosystem Web products and is an essential part of the web funnel.
Our website technical stack is JS, PHP/Symphony and Sulu CMS. We’re striving to modernise it and align with the wider company Web ecosystem using Typescript, Next.js, React.js, Contentful and many more. This is an excellent and rare opportunity for an experienced candidate to drive a new project from scratch and have a chance to apply the latest technologies and modern engineering practices.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for:
- Design new user facing features, or maintain created features
- Develop, improve and maintain UI Kit based on Flo’s Design system
- Design new functionality following the highest quality practices and ensuring your code is easily maintainable
- Write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future
- Plan and execute a migration between technologies in parallel with ensuring business continuity and a good user experience
- Refactor the current codebase to improve its maintainability
- Continuously develop your skills and use your knowledge to hand it over to the product through day-to-day decisions
- Establish and actively participate in the company’s frontend developers group, bring fresh ideas on improving the code, architecture and software development process.
- Strong experience with React and Next.js or similar technologies.
- Knowing the best technical SEO practices and website performance.
- Skills in adaptive web design (Mobile First).
- Experience working with CMS, ideally headless (Sulu, WordPress, Contentful, etc.)
- An agile mindset, being ambitious, motivated and a good team player.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge and proven experience with PHP to help during the transition phase.
- Experience with React, Next.js.
- Knowledge of UX and Interaction design.
- Experience with web continuous delivery tooling and practices (build, test and release automation).
- Understanding of BI and analytical systems and ability to integrate with them. A/B testing.
UK – ₤70,000 – ₤90,000 gross per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
On top of competitive salaries, Flo’s employees have access to:
- A flexible working environment with the opportunity to come into the office and work from home
- Company equity grants through Flo’s Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations – an opportunity to work abroad for two months a year
- Six months paid maternity leave, and one months paid paternity leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- Unlimited free premium Flo subscriptions
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes)
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a growing business means that sometimes it’s not easy and we work hard, but our mission is always at the forefront of what we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.