Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME’s Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
We’re Superorganisms with big ideas, big convictions, and a rigorous sense of responsibility. We are looking for a Growth Copywriter to join the Brand team and work closely with cross-functional stakeholders and teams to write copy to drive our new prospect acquisition strategy, grow and retain our ecosystem of members, and extend and adapt our storytelling for new channels.
We’re big on words. Words empower and steward the integrous translation of science that forms the foundation of our brand.
Writer and storyteller at heart, you create magic in the permutation of 26 letters, a handful of punctuation, and occasional, cleverly-placed emojis. You think in long form and short form and rap verses and poetry and everything in between and understand it’s about speaking to people in the way they want to be spoken to. You get to the heart of a message in the fewest number of characters and thrive in the crafting of phrases that catalyze action. Words are powerful; you know exactly when and how to be subversive and provocative versus nurturing and expansive. You thrive in memes, haikus, hashtags, puns, metaphors, and analogies—word play is your superpower. When we say TED meets Vox meets Carl Sagan meets VICE, you know what we mean.
And you are curious. Pushing boundaries and buttons is your thing and you demand a new way to counterprogram against the noise empowered by a combination of creative intuition and hard data (especially when it comes to science, health, and wellness). You’re excited and inspired by the prospect of waking up every day with the mission to make science accessible and cool (while also fully understanding the importance of integrity and the nuance of precision). You are inspired to crack empowerment through education and turn clickbait into meaning. You have told a lot of stories, written a lot of taglines, headlines, captions, subject lines, paid ad scripts, and ux copy, and you’re ready for something that satisfies and expands and peeks your intellect, your soul, and of course, your microbiome.
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience in copywriting for paid and organic channels (especially if in a science / health / wellness DTC space)
- Multi-channel, multi-tasking, multi-disciplinary—experience across campaign, social, packaging, web, email, and new channels like Amazon and retail a plus
- Synthesis of disparate ideas to create analogies, metaphors, and other narrative devices to communicate science and inspire a community
- Fascinated by working closely with data and insights to drive performance improvements through copy iteration and testing
- Extraordinary crafter of beautiful language across ads, growth and retention emails, web, digital product, print, and new channels
- Experience working and synthesizing closely with designers to shepherd an asset through approval and production
- A chameleon that takes to brand identity and voice as it flexes across needs, from high-converting acquisition copy to clarifying user experience copy
- Relentlessly iterative and comfortable with the editing process––a lot of darlings will end up on the cutting room floor and you know how to rework and revise swiftly
- Able to quickly pivot and prioritize to drive (and write) for maximum efficiency and impact
- Experience working with regulatory and compliance for communication a plus
- Experience working on launching products on new channels a plus
- You noticed the misused homophone in this job description and it bothered you deeply
What you’ll do:
- Respond to briefs and utilize data insights from Channel Managers to craft copy
- Partner with Growth, Retention, Digital Product, and New Channel stakeholders to craft messaging for channels driving new customer acquisition and member retention and brand integrity
- Iterate on previous creative deliverables to optimize performance
- Connect the dots (in words) between lifecycle marketing, performance marketing, product, and brand to ensure a cohesive user experience
- Bridge the gap across brand, product marketing, copy compliance, growth marketing, and new channels
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $110k-$130k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US). Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
Seed Health does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or any employee of the Seed team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Seed Health vendors who have been requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening.