OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We’re on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. While we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before. Our team is also fully remote, requiring us to be resourceful, creative and collaborative to support our fast-moving business.
To best serve our diverse community of customers, we also seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Working at a start-up can be as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. To succeed at a company like Olipop, you must be comfortable with failing, learning, and adapting. You need to be curious, optimistic, and able to find a way when it seems impossible. You must be confident enough to express your ideas but humble and open to learning from your experiences and from others. If this is the approach you take to life, then we’d love to hear from you.
OLIPOP is searching for a People Operations Generalist to join our team. This position focuses on excellent execution of the day-to-day operations of the People Operations department while providing exceptional and timely support to our growing team of 100+ OLIPOPPERS in more than 20 states.
In this role you’ll have to prioritize your time to focus on the “nuts and bolts” of People Operations, including but not limited to payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, and HRIS management, all while modeling and upleveling our culture and values. You’ll be a great addition to our team if you are interested in work that makes a difference, are able to think critically and creatively to solve problems, and are skilled at building efficient processes that will scale with our company.
- Processing bi-monthly payroll with absolute accuracy, ensuring all data changes are accounted for and all compliance requirements are met.
- Performing various new hire onboarding and offboarding tasks to ensure a consistent, high quality experience that exceeds employee expectations, suggesting improvements to automate where practical and ensuring compliance with the respective laws of each state where we operate (20+, currently).
- Partnering with our benefits broker to administer employee benefits, including answering employee questions and supporting annual enrollment.
- Managing our current HRIS, Gusto, ensuring 100% accurate data at all times, running routine and ad-hoc reports, and quickly learning the ins and outs of the system to understand what customization is available based on changing organizational needs.
- Supporting HRIS transition projects, having experience with a variety of popular HRIS, payroll and performance management technology and familiarity with transitioning and implementation of new systems.
- Working with our leave management vendor to support employee leaves of absence, understanding the basics of leave management and being comfortable with explaining our company leave policies and practices, following up with employees to request required forms and documenting leaves in our HRIS.
- Administering worker’s compensation programs, reporting claims, liaising with employees, managers and claims adjusters to ensure employees are taken care of and claims are moved through the process in a timely manner.
- Administering the performance review cycle in our performance management software by setting up the cycle, keeping track of important dates, sending reminders, moving the cycle through the various stages and helping answer questions to ensure reviews are high-quality and completed in a timely manner.
- Administering company engagement programs, including supporting survey and action planning activities, and suggesting/executing activities that support company engagement initiatives.
- Creating and updating People Operations process documentation, standard operating procedures, help guides and various other resources to be used within the department and by OLIPOPPPERS at large.
- Creating systems to self-audit processes to ensure nothing slips through the cracks and when it does, we catch it quickly.
- Collaborating with the People Operations team as needed to deliver the best support and service to every Olipop employee.
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on operational experience performing the tasks that are listed above.
- Highly organized, process-oriented, excellent follow-through and reliable – nobody ever questions if you’ll do what you say you’re going to do. You communicate status updates regularly to build trust with colleagues and leaders.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you act as a thermostat, not a thermometer, and can run with something from beginning to end.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, think critically, make decisions and solve non-routine problems based on your experience and through solid reasoning skills. Not a rule follower for rule’s sake.
- High level of discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to communicate clearly, empathetically and firmly in a variety of settings – verbally, in writing, 1 on 1 and in large groups.
- Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite – ability to manipulate data sets in spreadsheets, perform calculations and write formulas.
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom is preferred.
People Success Manager
$80,000-$90,000 base salary + bonus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.