New York, NY
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As the Director of Clinical Programs for Sword’s mental health initiatives your primary responsibility will be to design and implement scalable, evidence-based mental health programs with high patient engagement. Your programs will be key in achieving significant, reliable improvements in our patients’ mental health outcomes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the design and implementation of clinician-led scalable digital mental health programs achieving high engagement and completion rates.
- Measure and optimize performance across various patient journey stages to enhance reliable clinical improvement.
- Manage clinical risks by balancing program objectives with safety protocols and guardrails.
- Partner with our commercial team to drive sales efforts by providing clinical perspective on the evidence and value of our mental health solutions.
What You Need to Have
- A strong educational foundation in mental health.
- Extensive clinical experience, particularly in counseling, to understand deep-seated mental health challenges.
- Knowledge of holistic health, including the interconnections between exercise, sleep, nutrition, and mental well-being.
- Proficiency in analyzing the latest scientific research and translating insights into implementable programs and practices.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably with leading mental health firms.
What We Would Love to See
- A passion for innovation and disruption in the mental health sector.
- A practical, evidence-based approach, balancing scientific knowledge with real-world effectiveness.
- Deep empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by working adults in the US.
- A self-motivated pursuit of ongoing education on the latest treatments and approaches in mental health care.
- An action-oriented mindset, efficiently turning creative ideas into tangible actions.