San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager of Communications will help drive a drumbeat of strategic and compelling stories that win the hearts and minds of customers, investors, media, and employees. In this strategic role, you’ll help strengthen our position as the leader in a fast-growing market — an opportunity to shape the conversation about affordable, accessible, and delightful health care.
Description of an Ideal Candidate:
You have strong media relations experience and relationships across business, technology, healthcare and consumer outlets. You enjoy partnering with colleagues across functions to find great stories, crafting compelling narratives and developing creative campaigns to get those stories out into the world. You’re looking to join a company that tackles systemic challenges, and you want to be surrounded by peers who inspire you to learn and grow.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Build comms strategies that accelerates Hinge Health’s position in the marketplace
- Develop inspiring and differentiated narratives amplifying Hinge Health’s vision, mission, strategy
- Grow our Share of Voice and message pull-through with top-tier media placements and insightful stories
- Expand Hinge Health’s engagement with most influential digital health, lifestyle, and enterprise reporters
- Create integrated campaigns and coordinate product announcements in partnership with commercial, enterprise marketing, demand gen, and product marketing teams
- Deliver high-quality comms artifacts, including briefing books, press releases, blog posts, bylines, faqs associated with critical launches
- Secure executive speaking placements in top-tier events and forums
- Uncover stories of innovation and impact, and find ways to amplify that through exclusives and trend stories
- Maximize PR agency management with direction and initiative
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced: 8+ years in communications (such as PR, corporate communications, public affairs, or media relations)
- Collaboration: Experience managing PR agencies and project lead for internal and external communications efforts
- Strong communicator: Exception writing and verbal communication skills
- Effective storyteller: Translates complex topics into simple, inspiring narratives
- Prioritization: Able to get things done in an environment with many competing demands
- Leadership: Effectively guides, motivates, and empowers cross-functional teams
- Strategic: Helps steers media conversations and plans with the big picture in mind
- Empathetic: Understands audiences and tailors messages for maximum impact
- Resilient: Manages crisis with confidence and clarity
- Creative: Experiments with new ideas and proposes novel ways of looking at problems
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Hustle: Has a bias for purposeful action and finds creative ways around problems.
- Effective communication: Can articulate a vision to teams, collaborate with cross-org stakeholders, deliver feedback, and everything in between.
- Frugal: Shows good judgment in using limited resources — time and money.
- Trust: Takes ownership, is a role model for the team, and empowers them while holding them accountable.
- Learn-it-all: Constantly honing the public relations craft, and up-to-date on business landscape and best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.