North Vancouver, BC
Department: People and Culture
Reports to: Manager, HR Systems
Location: North Vancouver, B.C .
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the HR Systems Specialist, you will support the Manager, HR Systems in leading and evolving Arc’teryx’ global HRIS system (Workday). You are the central point of contact for all HR System tools (including Workday) at Arc’teryx, and you continually seek ways to improve the experience for everyone. Within Workday, you will take the lead on designing effective processes, analyzing data, developing alternative solutions, checking for data integrity, and making recommendations that drive employee engagement and productivity across the organization.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Meet Your Future Team:
You will be working closely with a small team of talented and dedicated HR Systems and People Analytics specialists to support employees globally. You will also partner and collaborate with other teams within the People and Culture function to ensure an excellent employee experience for both new hires and current employees and help to drive forward our strategy of activating our talent worldwide.
If you were in the HR Systems Specialist role now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Partnering with the HR Systems Manager and with Amer Sports’ Global HRIS team to represent Arc’teryx’ Workday needs for continuous evolution
- Working with employees, leaders, and other stakeholders to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve Workday and other systems related issues and user errors
- Seeking ways to improve the systems experience for our people, taking a global approach when recommending and implementing enhancements or new initiatives
- Supporting the HR Systems Manager on new systems implementations, including systems testing and interfacing, leveraging your strong attention to detail to ensure consistent and intuitive system processes that evolve with our business requirements
- Partnering closely other functions within People and Culture for various business processes
- Supporting the validity and integrity of all data contained within our systems, streamlining our reporting processes to support effective decision-making within People and Culture and throughout the organization
- Developing relevant toolkits and leading Workday training sessions for our annual people processes
- Translating data into meaningful recommendations that enable us to build platforms for our people to perform at their best
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Collaborating on cross-functional Workday projects that span the greater People and Culture team and organization
- Leading Workday information sessions, trainings, and onboardings
- Adding new features in Workday to support various teams and projects
Are you our next HR Systems Specialist?
- You have 3+ years experience in HRIS administration and support, preferably with Workday
- You have the ability and tact to effectively engage multiple stakeholders with competing interests in a global environment
- You have experience with the technical aspects of Workday – integrations, and/or development
- You have strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft based applications including Excel, Word, Power Point – with a willingness to learn and master other software programs as needed
- You have exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- You have strong presentation and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- You are highly professional when it comes to working with and handling confidential and private information
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You have strong analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- You are passionate about turning data into meaningful and actionable business recommendations
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal appropriately with sensitive issues
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it