Menlo Park, CA
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first “precision health” company that combines continuous glucose monitoring along with heart rate, sleep, activity and food tracking, to enable you to see the impact of your diet and exercise on your body in real-time.
We help you understand your personal metabolic health, i.e. how your body metabolizes food, and make simple changes to avoid serious health issues down the road. The need for this has never been greater: 1 in 3 adults in the US are now pre-diabetic, and 80% are not even aware of it. January’s app and continuous glucose monitor gives you immediate insights on your diet and blood sugar levels, and provides personalized recommendations on how to adjust your diet and activity to improve your overall metabolic wellbeing. We help you build better habits in just 30 days.
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of understanding your body and doing just a little better than yesterday.
January AI is backed by Marc Benioff (CEO and founder of Salesforce), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), and Steve Chen (founder of YouTube), among others.
Recent coverage: STAT, TechCrunch, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and VentureBeat.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated iOS Engineer with a strong understanding of software and engineering best practices. You’ll be responsible for design, development, implementation & monitoring of our iOS application. You will be working closely with other engineers and product managers to deliver high quality technical solutions for our business needs.
- Work with a cross-functional team to define, build, test, and deploy iOS applications (Try January in the App Store today!)
- Design and implement scalable, robust, and efficient mobile software using SwiftUI.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Coordinate with backend developers to define and test necessary APIs
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in iOS software development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing production customer facing software in SwiftUI
- Experience with Combine or other reactive programming framework
- Solid understanding of software design principles and architectural patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills across both user experience and integration with data feeds from the backend
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical decisions and trade-offs to non-technical stakeholders
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Developed software that has reached hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Experience in Android Native or cross-platform development (e.g. React Native, Kotlin)
- Experience collaborating with engineers in a cross-platform mobile environment
- Experience with Realm
- Local to the SF Bay Area or able to work Pacific hours