About Good Eggs
At our core, we represent radical freshness, impeccable quality, curated selections and exceptional service. Picked yesterday, baked this morning, by the people we know and trust. We go straight to the source and bring only the best right to you. We’re Good Eggs.
About the Role
At Good Eggs, the health of our technology is the backbone of our online delivery service, spanning supply chain, consumer, and internal stakeholder needs. We are looking for bright, scrappy Engineers to help us maintain the shared infrastructure ecosystem used by all technical teams.
DevOps is responsible for a broad range of things, from developer productivity to the care and feeding of our production infrastructure, and is a key lead on our IT Team. You should be well-versed in the cloud-based ecosystem, including the use of containers and cluster scheduling. Ideally, you’ve supported successful web applications and could discuss web architecture design in detail.
Your primary function will not just be managing our infrastructure, but also acting as a bridge, cementing strong relationships across all engineering teams. Your distinct role will involve fostering a culture of shared responsibility promoting best DevOps/Platform practices. You will enable all teams to take collective ownership of their software’s reliability, scalability, and performance. You will also guide other teams in fine-tuning their services, resulting in improved robustness and efficiency, ensuring that every team can focus on building superior software, backed by a reliable, scalable, and efficient infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop our shared infrastructure ecosystem (CI/CD agents, cloud account management, etc)
- Ensure the reliability of critical infrastructure underpinning Good Eggs
- Collaborate with engineers, IT, and data team members across Good Eggs to understand and resolve technical challenges slowing them down. You like to help them move faster and break less across services that may include, but are not limited to: NodeJS, Ruby, Python, MongoDB, Terraform, Docker, AWS, among others
- Create and maintain reusable templates and code to automate solution delivery and deployment processes across multiple cloud providers
- Establish and enforce DevOps standards, best practices, and procedures
- Identify manual processes and procedures and design and implement automation solutions using cloud native services
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including knowledge base articles and best practices
- Provide third-tier support to the operations and support teams; troubleshoot and resolve issues related to cloud infrastructure and deployments
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in cloud technologies, evaluate and recommend new tools, services, and methodologies to improve the overall DevOps process
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information and Technology or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Prior experience with designing, building and maintaining cloud-infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code
- Prior experience with backend or frontend software development, large-scale system and infrastructure design
- Extensive direct experience with cloud platforms such as NodeJS, Ruby, Python, MongoDB, Terraform, Docker, AWS, among others
- Proven experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation; solid experience with CI/CD tooling including GitHub, and others
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues; strong oral and written communication skills, with the capability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority with poise
- Experience driving platform adoption with various product engineering teams, guided by a self-service and product-first approach
- Your rollback plans are just as meticulous as your rollout plans
- An ability, willingness, and desire to mentor and up-level less experienced technical team members
- A passion for customer-centricity and building relationships with other teams
- Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- A bias for action in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Brownie points for Data Engineering exposure or interest, but not required
- Regular use of hands and sight for work using computers and software systems
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can’t receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.