Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
NOTE: This is a Seattle HQ based job at Brooks Running.
IT Enterprise Solutions consists of functional groups (sometimes a group of one!) for ERP, Order Management, WMS, RMS, and Integrations leveraging middleware and other technologies. You will ensure successful delivery by planning & achieving collaboration between these groups and other IT teams, ensuring risks are highlighted and managed proactively. At all times, you will follow the Brooks decision making process, providing transparency to the teams.
As the IT Enterprise Solutions Program Manager, you will be responsible for strategic planning and prioritization of work in IT Enterprise Solutions portfolio to achieve maximum business value. You will facilitate the planning and execution of cross-functional projects – proactively navigating any inter-project dependencies, risks and roadblocks and actively manage projects, where needed.
You will support the IT planning processes by participating in the Business Relationship Management (BRM) processes with business stakeholders and organizing their inputs and action items into roadmaps and/or program updates. You will ensure that the strategic and applications roadmaps as well as run-trail maps (RTM) charting the execution of business and IT strategy are always up to date. You will be accountable for the completeness of intake requests and influence the prioritization of enhancement work, while balancing the resource demands from the larger strategic initiatives.
We are a growing team – where necessary, you will refine or institute new processes, to keep the team organized and functioning at the highest levels of performance and execution.
Equal parts strategy, program/project management and execution, you will lead the execution against program objectives and deliver projects that will transform the experiences for our partners & runners.
- Responsible for Roadmap and Planning:
- Partner with the department leader and functional leaders in the BRM process with Supply Chain, Finance, REx (Customer Service) and Legal functions to identify, pain points, key value drivers for the business that can be enabled by IT & Enterprise Solutions (ES), specifically, working with business teams to articulate the opportunities and value drivers
- Responsible for executing IT annual planning processes for IT Enterprise Solutions
- IT Run Trail Map and roadmap creation and updates for the IT Enterprise portfolio (All applications & Integrations)
- Responsible for executing the quarterly initiative request (business case review and project approval) & PPM processes for roadmap items in the IT Enterprise Solutions portfolio, working with business and IT partners to articulate the business case for the initiatives
- Work with product owners in the ES team and technology partners – software and services – to stay abreast of product innovation and opportunistically plan to implement the same to opportunistically gain business value
- Own the OMS program – Work with a cross functional group of stakeholders to manage the program roadmap with business initiatives as well as product/solution updates from technology partners, ensure prioritization of initiatives and governance to successfully execute the approved initiatives
- Establish and own programs to prioritize, manage and deliver requests from Supply Chain, Finance & REx to deliver business value guided by Brooks’ strategic objectives, creating, and maintaining the program roadmaps, while communicating the progress on program objectives
- Drive results with cross-functional engagement:
- Program & project governance, organizing appropriate decision-making structures to facilitate the execution against program and project objectives
- Be the conduit to other IT teams such as Digital Products, Data & Analytics, etc. to provide visibility into ES priorities and vice versa, to ensure execution against overall IT priorities, leading/participating in joint planning sessions
- Lead and participate in steering committee meetings, providing necessary context and data to support decision making
- Generate program/project reports for different stakeholders in the organization – such as various steercos, IT, PPM, or business user group meetings
- Establish accountabilities for the application/service teams (cross-functional RACIs), providing transparency into how decisions are made and who has the authority to make them
- Accountable for project & enhancement intake, planning and prioritization:
- Perform discovery with business stakeholders on enhancement requests, information/requirements gathering – input necessary to move from request to intake deriving context and business case data to support prioritization decisions in alignment with Brooks business & IT strategic objectives
- Establish and manage continuous planning process at a quarterly cadence
- Sprint backlog grooming and planning
- Ensure enhancement request & cross-functional project intake SLAs are met
- Accountable for project and enhancement work execution:
- Availability & capacity planning for strategic initiatives and enhancement workstreams
- Project management on cross-functional projects as well as internal to IT ES only projects
- Agile workstream scrum master to ensure the delivery is unblocked and meets the sprint objectives
- Ensure utmost solution & deliverable quality
- Ensuring delivery of release management according to plan while managing communication and any cross-project dependencies and conflicts with stakeholders.
- BA or BS required in Business or a related field
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in project management and strategic planning
- 6+ years of experience in customer-facing, supply chain execution environments, such as commerce, software development including integrations between internal/external/3rd party applications, especially ERP, WMS, OMS, RMS, etc.
- Experience utilizing multiple SDLC methodologies such Lean, Waterfall, agile, etc.
- Highly proficient in the use and customization of Jira, Confluence or other collaboration tools is preferred
- Direct experience managing vendor partnerships to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Strong skills in managing and working collaboratively with diverse work streams and cross functional teams to build and complete projects to highest quality standards
- Ability to think and plan strategically, coupled with a willingness to dive in and own the details of execution
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions or facilitate decision-making, using sound reasoning and judgment
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products, or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, with the ability and initiative to develop and optimize processes, where necessary, and champion those processes
- Excellent interpersonal & social skills that instill confidence, inspire accountability and results towards shared goals and build trust
- Experience working with global teams
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!