Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Two Chairs
Two Chairs is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and safety. We center these efforts around open dialogue, employee support, education and advocacy, and culturally-responsive care.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words to us; they’re the principles guiding how we build our business and teams. We encourage interested candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply even if they don’t think they meet every criterion of the role. Achieving our mission of building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care starts with creating a workplace that represents people from all identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Two Chairs is building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care.
We’re building a system that’s far easier to navigate and creating experiences for therapists and clients that are centered in relationships, backed by research, and powered by thoughtful technology.
We’ve brought together an exceptional team at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design to revolutionize how people connect with and receive care. We’re united by our collective personal experiences with the mental health care system and a desire to build a better one for everyone.
About the role
As the Director of Payer Partnerships, you will work with the Chief Commercial Officer and other leaders at the organization to further develop our payer presence and increase access to our services. You will seek and develop new partnerships nationwide, focusing on large regional and national health plans, and will be responsible for the entire process. You will build innovative partnerships that match Two Chairs’ exceptional mental health services with health plans’ need for access to measured, engaging, high-quality care.
This is a strategic growth area for Two Chairs, so you will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders across our Marketing, Clinical, Operations, Product, and Care teams.
Core Areas of Responsibility
You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of our payer go-to-market:
- Managing the pipeline end to end, from prospect generation through contract negotiation and signing
- Identifying, engaging, and building relationships with key stakeholders across target accounts
- Continuously evolving our market positioning and value proposition
- Developing account-specific proposals that address individual account needs and build on their behavioral health strategy
- Driving and reporting on measurable impact across the most critical KPIs
Impact and Success Indicators
Where you’ll make an impact in the first 90 days:
- Collaborate with the rest of the Commercial team and Marketing team to develop the go-to-market strategy to engage key target accounts
- Begin outreach to net new accounts and continue to pursue select existing prospect accounts and move them through the pipeline
- Become an expert in Two Chairs’ services, health plans’ behavioral health needs, competitive dynamics, and with multiple contracting structures
Where you’ll make an impact in the first year:
- Successfully introduce Two Chairs’ solutions to decision-makers at all key targets
- Build a robust pipeline of large regional and national health plans
- Effectively negotiate contracts for Two Chairs in-network coverage and manage the end-to-end process
- Collaborate closely with operational teams to deliver outstanding service to our partners
- Capture and share market insights with relevant teams to improve the fit of Two Chairs’ offerings with payers’ needs.
You’ll be successful if you:
- Have a passion for changing the way mental health is accessed, delivered, and measured in our system
- Have 7+ years of experience in business development roles, ideally in health care and selling to health plans
- Have a deep understanding of payer’s needs, decision-making, and contracting structures
- Bring a strong network of people in the payer community
- Are autonomous, self-motivated, and have an exceptional drive to generate growth opportunities for Two Chairs
- Are a strong communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear, concise, and compelling messaging
- Enjoy building relationships and can develop and foster new connections across all levels of a health plan organization
- Enjoy the fast pace of a start-up environment and can drive progress through ambiguous and new situations
- Have a growth mindset and naturally seek to receive and deliver feedback
- Are deeply empathetic to the work of other functions across the organization and can calibrate your approach across teams and situations
- Have a low ego, are pragmatic, outcome-oriented and ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Compensation & Benefits
We offer perks and benefits that support the health and well-being of our teams, including:
- Equity in a high-growth start-up
- PTO program, including a Winter Office Closing: Christmas Day (Observed) through New Year’s Day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- One-time $200 Work from Home reimbursement
- Annual $500 professional development stipend to support your professional development
- Annual $500 subsidized company contribution to your healthcare FSA
- Annual $500 wellness stipend to encourage and support a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle
- Paid parental leave