Redesign Health is launching a new venture, Hopewell, on a mission to improve kidney care through optimizing the kidney transplant journey. We are developing a multi-level approach, including coordination services and digital tools, that will transform the challenging experience of seeking transplantation into a seamlessly coordinated experience.
Thirty million kidney patients in the United States have chronic kidney disease (CKD), with 700,000 people in full kidney failure. Transplant rates remain low: while the waiting list for kidney transplants includes over 90,000 patients annually, only 23,000 kidney transplants occurred in 2019. Getting a transplant requires patients to learn complex information and execute a winning strategy to find a transplant: literacy, language and social-economic issues can all pose barriers. Hopewell Health is creating a new blueprint for kidney transplant coordination through a multi-level approach, concierge services, and digital tools that will transform the challenging experience of seeking transplantation into seamlessly coordinated experience.
Hopewell’s mission is to make early kidney transplant the hope, goal, and reality for all patients and families living with kidney disease. Hopewell eliminates non-clinical barriers to healthy behavior using education to increase transplant knowledge, motivation, as well as increase caregiver and donor engagement. In conjunction with their educational services, the Hopewell infrastructure serves to increase appointment attendance and evaluation completion while also increasing donor outreach and broadening the living donor pool. The results speak for themselves: increased transplants. Using the Hopewell system, 70% of those evaluated are waitlisted; and 50% of waitlisted receive a transplant within 5 years.
About The Job
You will have the opportunity to join an innovative healthcare startup on the ground floor to develop solutions in the chronic kidney care transplantation space.
As our Head of Product, you will play a critical role in shaping the product strategy, leading the product development process from concept to launch. You will work closely with the CEO and stakeholders to define product requirements and specifications. You will develop and execute a clear product vision and strategy aligned with the company’s goals and market needs.
You will report to and work with the Hopewell’s CEO. The position can be fully remote within the United States.
What you’ll do:
- As the sole product and technology leader, you will create and maintain the product roadmap that outlines the prioritization and sequencing of product features and enhancements. This includes conducting market research, competitor analysis, and identifying opportunities for product differentiation.
- Lead the product development process from concept to launch and have the technical product management expertise to lead Engineering discussions, defining product requirements, specifications, writing user stories and managing the product backlog and ensure timely and quality delivery of product releases.
- Collaborate and create intuitive and user-friendly product experiences ensuring a customer-centric approach and incorporate user feedback into product iterations.
- Plan and execute successful product launches, including go-to-market strategies, pricing, positioning, and marketing initiatives. This includes monitoring product adoption and usage, analyzing data, and making data-driven decisions to optimize product performance.
- You will define key product metrics, track product performance, analyze data and user feedback to measure product success, identify areas for improvement, and drive product optimization and iteration.
What you’ll need:
- You have 10+ years of experience with product management, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a 0-1 product environment, having successfully launched a tech-enabled services/B2B2C product.
- You have 5+ years managing technology teams (Product, Design, Engineering) in an Agile setting with the proven ability to translate requirements to Engineers and lead those Engineering discussions with internal resources or vendors.
- You have 3+ years of experience developing technology solutions with a focus on clinical workflows and patient engagement in at least one of the following areas: care management, telehealth, and/or virtual care delivery.
Who you are:
- A Builder. You take ownership of the product build and make sound decisions with limited information. You will have a demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs and metrics, and will be able to speak succinctly about products they have effectively launched.
- Customer-Focused. You have a strong focus on the user and can use data and metrics to iterate on the user experience. You have significant experience designing and testing MVPs using Lean Startup methodologies.
- A Strategic Thinker. You have the ability to shape and share a strategic vision for a product, while tying their day-to-day work with the overall business strategy.
- A Strong Collaborator and Communicator. You are able to communicate effectively with anyone, from technical engineers and strategic business partners to patients and providers. You tailor your message to meet the audience.
Full-time base salary range of $160,000 to $190,000 plus equity.
This position is remote. You may work from anywhere in the continental US.