Who We Are:
Therabody® is the wellness tech leader with a mission to inspire and enable every body and mind to keep moving. Therabody’s product ecosystem includes category-creating innovations in wellness products, proprietary software, digital content, and biometrics that have proven benefits around alleviating stress and pain and enhancing performance and sleep. Not only is it part of our brand ethos to help others, but we are also defining the cutting edge of wellness technology while winning accolades such as Fast Company’s Brands That Matter, Oprah’s Favorite Things 2022 and the TIME Best Inventions 2022 award.
Who We’re Looking for:
Therabody is looking for a Product Developer to assist in the development process of our beauty product line using various technologies.
This role will support the Therabody Beauty business with the development of successful and profitable programs for key products to ensure continued growth of the current portfolios as well as the establishment of new launches. This role is expected to be the market expert in Therabody Beauty product lines, the competitive landscape, retailer assortments and assist the New Product Development team in creating products that will meet the needs of the changing consumer and retailer requests. If you have a knack for innovation, and enjoy being a part of a winning team, come join us!
- Lead successful and profitable new product development for assigned products from brainstorm/concept phase to mass production
- After initial production, track product performance to identify and action product optimization and improvement opportunities for cost and consumer impact
- Conduct market research to identify consumer needs and market gaps and analyze the competitive landscape to identify new product opportunities
- Utilize various internal and external inputs to define what success looks like for new products, translating these requirements into product KPI’s and product specs
- Create project plans for each product and ensure timely execution
- Collaborate with the cross functional team and key stakeholders from engineering, supply chain, marketing, science, and sales to refine and optimize the product, ensure it moves smoothly through the product creation process, achieves performance requirements, unlocks claim requirements, and launches on time
- Communicate regularly with the engineering and manufacturing team overseas with clear and structured written, drawn and/or verbal directions and leading regular phone conversations to discuss and align on go-forward direction and answer questions
- Work closely with the engineering and supply chain team to manage the cost of your products and ensure we hit necessary cost targets
- Conduct internal and external product validation activities to identify product improvement opportunities before tooling and mass production
- Review and provide feedback on product support material, such as, packaging, in-box collateral, FAQ’s, and Troubleshooting scripts for online resources and the call center agents
The Right Person Would Have:
- 3+ years of experience in product development, product management, human factors engineering, or a related field – preferably with experience from a consumer goods company in the beauty industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, Marketing, Management, Engineering, or a combination of the above
- Strong passion for personal beauty
- A “100% on” consumer-first perspective when it comes to introducing new products/processes or improving current products
- A mindset geared toward building relationships across multi-functional teams, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly-effective communication skills – both written (presentation/email) and face-to-face (ability to host succinct, effective conversations that solve problems and ability to make effective presentations to all levels of management) – are required
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to learn and grow in a passionate environment
- The ability to embrace transparency and shifting priorities while learning from each decision and focusing on the path forward
- Engaging and persuasive personality with a unique ability to build relationships
- An outside the box approach to creative thinking and problem solving
- Outstanding organizational skills with a keen attention to details
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills
- Strong ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Proactive self-starter that is creative and flexible with a can-do attitude
The annual base salary range for this position is from $85,000 to $115,000. This base pay range is for the U.S. and not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, candidate’s related work experience, business sector and geographic location. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus, although incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Therabody is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We will strive to provide an environment free of discrimination to our team members, customers, guests, and suppliers. We seek contributors from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their empowered, passionate, and authentic selves to work every day.