Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced Frontend Architect to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine end-user experience.
- Lead the vision for the team and the platform as technical leader, identifying new and strategic technologies that improve security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and sustain comprehensive architectural diagrams, elucidating the structural, interactive, and dependency aspects of the system
- Take part in all frontend engineering-related and business-related decisions, with the expectation that you’ll drive technical strategy and leadership to development teams
- Independently build cross-team relationships to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable, scalable designs that benefit the entire organization, and align these technical initiatives with business goals
- Collaborate with backend architects to integrate these scalable solutions, ensuring optimal performance and user experience
- You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team’s services
- Design the architecture of React-based applications and create high-level designs that outline how different components, modules, and data flow will interact to meet the project’s goals and requirements
- Brainstorm features with product and designers, and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 12+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code. Experience in management is a plus
- Proven experience in developing large-scale e-commerce or similar complex platforms.
- Expertise in scalable frontend architectures like micro frontends and domain-driven design for web and mobile applications
- Strong understanding of CSS, design principles, and component library creation
- Expertise in SEO, web performance and organic traffic optimization
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Ability to move quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects in order to meet goals without management oversight
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.