NOBULL is a footwear, apparel and accessory brand for people who train hard and don’t believe in excuses. Our global team is comprised of talented entrepreneurs, passionate industry professionals, and hardworking creatives from a variety of backgrounds. NOBULL’s mission is to lead training across the world of sport by creating a globally disruptive brand and developing simplistic products that perform for our customers.
NOBULL is currently seeking a Senior Graphic and color Design. This individual will manage a team and collaborate closely with their counterparts across Apparel, Accessories, Footwear Color Development and Product Development. In collaboration with the Footwear and Apparel teams this individual support the strategic conversation around graphic and color design and its implementation across categories, seasons, and brand launches. They will participate and oversee graphic implementation across all our product, including all over prints, graphics and graphic color-ups. This role will also have share the responsibility for the review and approval of color confirmation samples and for providing necessary feedback to the development team.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a rapidly growing organization and use their skill set across design to be a part of creating our simply innovative and high performing product. This role will both lead and drive the work of this diverse group and is an opportunity to be a part of a rockstar design team.
This role is based in Boston and is not open to remote work.
A portfolio is required during application for this role and we look forward to reviewing your work. We love seeing your finished products, but are even more excited to see where you get your inspiration, your sketches and anything else that is part of your design process. Show us those ideas that never made it to the shelves. We want to see your personal design aesthetic and thought process, the bolder the better!
- Manage the Graphic and Color design team
- Collaborate with the footwear, accessories, and apparel design team to establish graphics, all over prints, graphic color-ups, mood boards, themes etc.
- Ideate and support the strategic color direction for the brand, including how it relates to our core brand color palette, across all collections and seasonal launches.
- Ideate and participate in graphic design work for all product across Apparel and Footwear.
- Participate and collaborate with Graphic and Color design team in executing graphics including all-over prints, repeat patterns, placed graphics and packaging graphics.
- Lead color feedback and confirmations to the development team.
- Active engagement with product planning and development teams around our color direction and strategy.
- Manage development process as it relates to graphics.
- Manage exploration of color themes and palettes for Accessories, Apparel and Footwear
- Initiate with the Graphic and Color design team on in-depth research in order to drive innovative design solutions.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in Graphics and Color. Experience in apparel, footwear, and performance product a plus
- Experience with people managing, motivating, and mentoring a diverse team of designers
- Well versed in apparel and footwear terminology a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Materials, Graphics, or other relevant design
- Farnsworth color certified or equivalent
- Ability to collaborate with other Designers/Design Directors to create palettes and color flow based on color strategy
- Fluent in hand sketching, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Positive energy and the ability to inspire teammates in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Independently motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Must be able to handle a significant number of projects while maintaining development timelines, deadlines, and work distribution among team members
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Occasional travel to Asia