Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm’s Mid-Market Account Executive team is on a mission to improve employee wellness by partnering with mid-sized employers to bring Calm to their workforce. This segment contributes greatly to overall revenue generation by managing a complex deal cycle and successfully closing business.
We’re currently hiring this position in a few territories across the country.
What You’ll Do:
The ideal candidate is a sales executive who can strategically manage a sales pipeline while driving deals to close with HR and Benefits buyers. With 5+ years of quota-carrying, full cycle sales experience, a successful candidate needs to have the ability to inspire reliance and credibility while influencing buying decisions.
- Manage strategic dialogues with prospects to uncover benefits and employee needs
- Partner closely with sales leadership to optimize deal flow from lead to close
- Manage a highly effective prospecting & cold-calling cadence to uncover key stakeholders within targets
- Track deal cycle details including use case, purchase timeframes, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information to provide a best-in-class experience and a positive encounter with customer service
- Consistently meet and exceed quotas of closed-won business
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal and external teams
Who You Are:
- Customer success is a true north
- Startup and lean sales model experience with a drive for results
- Experience in successfully closing business while navigating a complex sales cycle
- Collaborative and a team player
- Understands the value of prioritization
- Passionate culture steward that wants to contribute
- Thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proven successful track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Resourceful and demonstrates creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for selling wellness, meditation and health resources
- Prior success in selling into HR and Benefits teams
- 5+ years in a quota carrying, closing sales experience selling a B2B product
The on target earnings for this role are $195,000 annualized with a 50/50 split between base pay and incentive compensation. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate’s skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.