Kindbody is the leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers, offering the full spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 132 leading employers, covering almost 2.9 million lives. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in debt and equity funding from leading investors, including Perceptive Advisors, JP Morgan Chase’s Morgan Health, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Ventures, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, Distributed Ventures, Whatif Ventures and TQ Ventures. Visit www.kindbody.com. and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Kindbody’s clinically managed program covers the full spectrum of reproductive health, including both female and male fertility, which encompasses fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as a full continuum of reproductive care including physical, mental, and emotional support.
About the Role
As an experienced Corporate Controller reporting to our Chief Accounting Officer, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. This role is a Full-time, remote position.
- Lead all aspects of financial reporting and the monthly close process with full responsibility for timeliness and accuracy
- Supervise an accounting team of 6, guiding all financial operations, accounting and reporting
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls
- Identify and remediate internal control weaknesses
- Maintain full compliance with all US GAAP and reporting guidance, including implementation of any applicable new guidance or standards
- Direct responsibility for accounting for complex accounting and disclosure areas, such as revenue recognition, reserves, certain accruals, segment and other disclosures
- Manage external audit process
- Prepare timely and accurate analyses of month-end and year-end financial reports for the executive team
- Manage daily cash flow; prepare cash-flow reports and project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals,
- Monitor banking activities; Manage and reconcile all bank accounts
- Manage all aspects of tax compliance with external tax advisors
- Work closely with FP&A team on various reports and analyses as needed
- Assist departmental management, legal staff, and others reviewing and approving contracts
- Conducts self in accordance with Kindbody’s team member Handbook
- Maintains strictest confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance, Masters degree and/or CPA required
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Healthcare industry knowledge and public company experience
- Preferred industry specific knowledge includes:
- Medical billing/collection practices
- Basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices, as well as Insurance Companies Rules and Regulations
- Appropriate methods of setting up corporations and assessing management fee structures for medical clinics in a private equity environment
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple concurrent priorities and objectives
- Highly ethical, hard-working, goal and deadline oriented
- Knowledge of Organizational development, human resources, and program operations preferred
Perks and Benefits
Pay range for this position: $185,000.00 – $225,000.00 depending on education and years of experience.
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Please note that Kindbody interview requests and job offers only originate from an @kindbody.com email address. Kindbody will also never ask for bank account information (including routing or account numbers), social security numbers, passwords or any other sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. Always reference our career site, careersatkindbody, to see if the position that you are applying to is legitimate. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Kindbody please notify us at email@example.com.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.