Who You Are: You are a highly collaborative individual who’s adaptable at navigating headquarters’s complexities to deliver the tools and strategies needed to help the sales team succeed. You are well versed in what it takes to sell items into retail (including presenting to customers if needed) and ensure flawless internal execution at first ship. Your strategic mindset paired with your people partnership skills is what sets you apart from the pack, having proved yourself to be exceptional at working in a cross-functional. The cherry on top is your strong background in commercialization from a sales point of view. You are passionate about being in a position that will help define the future as we build the Business Development function on “The Farm”.
The Task At Hand: The Director of Business Development reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development and serves as the key liaison between the field sales team and headquarters’s cross-functional partners (primarily marketing). The Director of Business Development is the “voice of the customer” to the headquarters teams and the “voice of headquarters” to the field sales organization.
In This Role, You Will:
• Provide leadership and a strategic vision to both our sales team and internal functions to ensure we are hitting both our near-term objectives and setting the foundation for our journey to becoming a $1B brand!
• Provide a sales/customer point of view through the innovation/commercialization process to maximize customer acceptance and ensure flawless customer execution
• Collaborate with Category Insights, Marketing, and other cross-functional partners to create selling materials and go-to-market strategies to support the field sales team
• Partner with Category Insights and SRM team on the development, communication, and implementation of Go-To-Market strategies (Merchandising/Assortment/Pricing/Shelving)
• Support the sell-in of key initiatives at key customers, directly participating if necessary
• Work with the field sales team to develop the strategies and plans necessary to meet the growth goals
• Represent sales in the monthly S&OP process
• Help lead in the creation of the annual business plan
In This Role, You’ll Bring With You:
• Prefer five to seven years of professional experience in the consumer-packaged goods space, including working in or with a field sales team
• Proven professional experience working cross-functionally in a headquarters environment
• Preferably located in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Slack, and other professional platforms
• Up to 30% travel required: Although this role is a remote work-from-home position, we “Farmers” do meet as a company and/or as a department a few times a year. Anticipate possible travel up to a few times each quarter
• Experience with Category Data tools such as Nielsen, Spins, and IRI
• Genuinely passionate about improving childhood nutrition for a healthier and happier planet
• Desire to contribute to a dynamic high-growth, purpose-driven work environment
• Previous exposure to cross-functional work between Sustainability and Sales preferred
• Must reside in the United States to be considered for this position
• Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
• Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
• The anticipated salary range for this position is $140,000 – $160,000. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a few factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses, stipends, equity, and role-specific perks.
• Employee Equity
• Annual Bonus
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
• 401(k) with employer match
• Remote Life Stipend + Nourish and Nurture Allowance
• Paid Volunteer Time
• Paid Time Off to fulfill civic responsibilities including jury duty and voting in local, state, and national elections
• New Parents: Up to 18 weeks of paid Parental Leave, Baby Steps Back To Work, 3 months’ supply of farm-to-fridge baby food, and Milk Stork breast milk shipping service for those who travel
• Medical Insurance for the employee covered at 100% on select Kaiser and PPO plans, as well as offer additional plan options at a reduced cost to the employee
• Vision and Dental Insurance covered at 100% for the employee and dependents
• Employee Discounts and quarterly Farm to Fridge home deliveries
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending account (Medical & Dependent Care) and Health savings accounts for applicable plans
• Cell and Internet Stipend
• Employee assistance program (EAP)
• And so much more!