San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply – we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
We are looking for an excellent multi-disciplinary senior test integration engineer, who is excited to build out our internal capabilities from scratch. This position requires an independent, self-motivated engineer who possesses a broad skillset. The ideal candidate has the software skills to write and maintain test scripts, as well as the hardware knowledge to design and test fixture electronics. As a senior test integration engineer, you will primarily be responsible for developing automated test solutions during: product development process and verification & validation – V&V of current and future hardware projects at Hinge Health.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Develop systems, tools, and infrastructure for hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Apply automation to ensure that tests can be run easily, frequently, and reliably
- Integrate with instruments, peripherals, mobile apps, backend systems, and other I/O devices as needed in order to enable testing
- Define best practices and procedures for testing that can be applied across all of our hardware development projects
- Establish, execute, and document HW verification and validation test protocols over cross functional areas
- Support development of prototype systems for new products exploration (e.g. integrate off-the-shelf subsystems to test out a novel concept)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience in Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience developing manufacturing or automated test fixtures
- Experience with high-level scripting languages for test development (e.g. Python)
- Experience defining test procedures and parameters, proactively gathering requirements from stakeholders as needed
- Lab equipment proficiency (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, signal generators, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer).
- Understanding of EE design fundamentals (e.g. able to read schematics and datasheets)
- Understanding of firmware fundamentals (e.g. device programming, communication protocols)
- Experience working across cross-functional teams
- Experience working within any regulated industry (medical, aerospace, automotive, etc.)
- EE design capabilities (e.g. designing a custom board to go into a test fixture)
- FW implementation capabilities (e.g. write special DUT FW for running on a test fixture)
- Mobile app software implementation capabilities (e.g. write a test program for exercising DUT)
- Understand data analysis principles to execute GR&R and process capability studies (Minitab, JMP, etc) as part of Test Method Validations
- Experience managing external contractors, open to oversea trips if required
- Ability to build simple GUI interfaces
- Mission-driven: Passionate about helping people with chronic pain. Personal connection to chronic pain or track record of working in healthcare.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.