Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the design and management of all health, welfare, retirement, and wellness programs at Hinge Health. This role is a key strategist and operator within the Total Rewards team to support the company’s mission of creating a great place where employees can do the best work of their careers.
Description of an Ideal Candidate:
Someone who has a deep understanding of benefits design, processes, compliance regulations, and a proven track record in managing various benefits programs, including, health plans, retirement, perks, FSA and other related benefits.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Oversee design, communication and management of all benefit plans, including Medical, Dental, Wellness, Retirement, Disability and Life & AD&D insurance
- Manage benefit vendors and evaluate current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable country, state and other local laws and regulations
- Develop and deliver benefits training and communications for leaders and employees
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Manage the annual benefit programs and open enrollment activities
- Manage all level-of-absence administration, including, medical, personal, disability and FMLA
WHGAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree with at least 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing benefit plans, including managing client/vendor relationships
- Ability to toggle between strategic planning, customer focused and hands-on operational excellence
- Experience in a startup culture – comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple priorities
- International benefit experience a huge plus
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.