At WHOOP, we’re on a mission to unlock human performance. As a leader in the wearable tech space, we empower our members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Social Media Community Manager at WHOOP, you’ll join the talented WHOOP Social Media team to execute our vision for engaging and educational branded content across our largest channels. You will be responsible for overseeing the online experience of our social media followers, friends, and fans.
This person will collaborate closely with our Membership Services, Community, and Sports Marketing teams to maintain an engaged and positive brand presence on a variety of social media channels.
The Social Media Community Manager will report to our VP, New Media.
- Manage engagement and communication across all WHOOP social media communities, including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and emerging channels, that engage our community, create dialogue, and aid in brand awareness
- Foster a passionate WHOOP community across all channels, including the WHOOP Facebook group
- Execute ongoing monitoring of all brand social channels and relevant online conversations seeking high impact opportunities to engage – and to be understand and address consumer insights
- Gauge sentiment and inform strategic development of content by surfacing meaningful qualitative and quantitative insights from our communities
- Champion work with our Membership Services team to ensure WHOOP members are supported across all social channels
- Engage with influencers and the community through social listening and proactive outreach
- Evolve, adapt, and improve our community engagement strategies and guidelines
- Ideate and execute unique, engaging social media activations to develop innovative custom content tailored to each channel/community
- Contribute and drive channel-specific programming calendars that cater to targeted audiences and ladder up to overall marketing and business goals
- 3+ years of experience in social media community management
- Outstanding communications skills — both written and verbal, with sensitivity to tone on varying social media platforms and content formats
- Willingness to go beyond basic tracking to analyze and draw meaningful hypotheses
- Authentic knowledge of Sports, Wellness and Entertainment culture to bring insight to visuals, copy, and brand voice
- Experience with Sprout or other social media management tools preferred
- Deep understanding of current social, content, and influencer marketing practices and activations within the industry
- Strong copywriting skills
- Strong knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion standards and practices
- Proactive, results-oriented, and highly collaborative working style
- Experience in international markets preferred