One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the US, Canada, and Latin America or work from our offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Montreal.
About the Role
The Mobile Platform team builds the foundation for an excellent mobile app experience for our members. As a Mobile Platform Engineer, you will contribute to and continuously improve our App release and build management, internal developer experience & tooling, as well as app reliability and performance monitoring.
The ideal candidate has experience with delivering robust and scalable engineering solutions on mobile devices and is aware of each platform’s requirements. You are familiar with mobile project configuration and worked on teams that owned platform specific solutions end to end. You possess strong critical thinking and communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Design and implement robust systems and tools
- Help define the roadmap, best practices, and design patterns for the mobile platform
- Closely collaborate with peers on the product development teams, as well as members of different parts of the RnD organization (Product, DevOps, Operations, and Design teams)
- Create and participate in code reviews
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience developing React Native mobile apps
- Understanding of core software concepts, including networking, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application life-cycle management
- Familiar with TypeScript
- Experience with common tools including Android studio, Xcode, App Signing and more
- Awareness of changing platform requirements
- Experience in CI/CD tools (we use Bitrise) or Github Actions
- Experience with testing and linting tools (we use Jest and ESLint)
- Keeping abreast of latest mobile emerging technologies, architectures, and trends
- Experience communicating with REST APIs
- Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Knowing your way around Swift for iOS, or Kotlin for Android
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge