Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco.
Business Development at Curai
Curai is seeking a highly motivated and talented Business Development Manager to join our team. Curai’s go-to-market strategy is to expand access to high-quality virtual primary care and we are targeting health plans, third-party administrators, health systems, and other healthcare organizations. We are looking to add additional commercial talent to fuel this growth in these markets. In this Business Development Manager role, you will work closely with our Growth and Product teams to identify and secure new strategic partners and commercial growth channels. The overall goal is to build long-standing and mutually beneficial partnerships while ensuring new B2B customer acquisition, activation, and satisfaction. The role is for someone who has high EQ and is a structured problem solver, who is excited to apply those skills to best serve the growing needs of a mission-driven organization.
Who You Are
• Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, high character, good judgment, with customer focus and an execution mindset
• Thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to take initiative, develop strategy, and drive toward positive business outcomes
• A people person who excels at fostering new relationships and is customer-obsessed with the ability to engage at both C-level leadership and operational levels
• Have worked remotely, or have a strong feeling that you’d work well with a 100% remote team, spread across multiple time zones
• Demonstrates willingness and excitement to travel for customer meetings and industry events as needed, 10-25% travel
• A natural self-starter who takes initiative is diligent about follow-up, and displays resilience when met with setbacks or customer objections
• Understand what a growth-stage startup is and that you will be a key contributor to a small, scrappy team.
• Help drive critical work for the growth of our business and should operate well with change and ambiguity
• Passionate about Curai’s mission and vision to make high-quality, affordable healthcare accessible to all
• A collaborative team player who knows that great work happens from diverse perspectives and ideas.
What You’ll Do
• Develop business plans and formulate strategies for both new and existing growth vectors, including customers, partnerships, joint ventures, and/or alliances
• Drive results through gaining leadership support and approval and implementing strategies
• Develop partnerships with industry associations and stakeholders to drive growth, public affairs, and strategic priorities
• Prepare and present materials in high-stakes environments and to C-level executives or board members
• Efficiently identify, qualify, and close new customers, partnerships, and/or strategic alliances
• Contribute to the expansion and innovation of Curai Health solutions by collecting feedback from the market and collaborating with a cross-functional team of internal and external stakeholders to drive revenue growth
• Lead and support multiple cross-functional projects at high velocity with tight deadlines, while driving influence with internal teams to execute commercial growth and product strategies
• Support business development and sales processes as needed, including RFI/RFPs from prospects, sales deck, meeting prep, and event coordination
• Continuously learn and stay up-to-date on the healthcare industry and the competitive landscape to identify new growth opportunities for Curai
• Possibility of flexing into other responsibilities as dictated by the needs of the business and by the interest & experience of the candidate
What You’ll Need
• 7-10 years of experience in a B2B healthcare organization, in a business development, strategy, or consulting role driving end-to-end growth and partnerships
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• Proven track record of leading overall business and strategic planning for a growth-stage healthcare business, experience with financial modeling
• Strong working knowledge of the healthcare landscape including market dynamics, regulations, and reimbursement methodologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft business plans and executive-level strategy documents
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
What We Offer
• Culture: Mission-driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating, and driving performance
• Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
• Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
• Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and paid parental leave
• Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Salary is dependent on experience and location and will be outlined as follows:
• The annual base salary range for this position is $120,000 to $150,000
• This position is eligible for variable pay via a Management by Objectives (MBO) plan of up to 30%. These plans pay according to achievement level against business objectives tied to overall business results.
• Stock grants also play a key part in any offer increasing your overall compensation package significantly based on company success.
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high-tech companies, AI researchers, and practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for mission-driven teammates, who embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.