Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
TheIntegration Domain Architectdevelops and supports the implementation and adoption of Brooks’ enterprise integration guidelines, services, development, and support practices. You will be accountable for ensuring these practices align with our Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines, and Brooks’ immediate and longer-term business objectives.
The integration needs at Brooks are primarily focused on connecting on-premises and cloud-hosted commercial software applications within our technology ecosystem and working with data partners to align on appropriate ways to provide data as a service to both internal and external consumers. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an integration architecture blueprint, including a catalog of integrations and integration services for the organization.
NOTE: This position is located in Seattle, WA.
- INTEGRATION ARCHITECTURE
- Act as solution architect for new and modified integrations, including solution modeling, documentation, and presentation to the Architecture Review Board
- Establish and steward the enterprise integration services catalog, detailing the available solution components and integration patterns, and the intended use for each for provisioning and syndicating data within and outside the organization
- Establish and steward the enterprise integration registry of all data integrations between technology solutions and all services for provisioning data within and outside the organization
- Lead (with Enterprise Architect) definition of enterprise data integration standards and guidelines; collaborate with and provide guidance to the broader architecture community and delivery teams on these standards
- Define (with Enterprise Architect) target state capabilities for Enterprise Integration solutions and services as part of the Technology business platform
- Define standards for integration technical specifications, support documentation
- Lead the discovery effort for enterprise services platform / gateway / public-facing API enablement, service definition approach, and guidelines for identifying applicable use cases
- Assist in incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution for integration-related issues
- CROSS-FUNCTIONAL ARCHITECTURE
- Support functional area domain architects, solution architects, and project teams by identifying solution options and providing guidance for enabling data integration requirements
- Ensure functional area domain architects and solution architects are adhering to enterprise integration standards and best practices for both technical specifications and documentation, and integration design
- Participate as an accountable member of the Architecture Review Board to ensure integrations support the organization’s integration architecture standards
- With Infrastructure, align enterprise integration service offerings with our cloud operating model and other Infrastructure team service offerings
- With EA and Enterprise Information Management (EIM), define and adopt canonical message schemas for enterprise data resources, where appropriate
- ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS SUPPORT
- Directly support integration services for projects in the Enterprise Solutions functional area, including integration architecture and design. May also include solution assessment and proof of concept execution
- Support integration solutions stewarded by the Enterprise Applications functional area, including Infor ION, understanding operability, deployment, and security considerations specific to middleware solutions
- Consult and advise Enterprise Applications team members on supporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and upgrading integration solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or other technology-related discipline
- 10+ years experience with integration solutions and supporting infrastructure, including integration design and support
- 3+ years experience with API design and API management / API gateways
- Demonstrated experience with various other enterprise data integration technologies, including ESB platforms/middleware, EDI, and message standards, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise middleware solutions is required; experience with Infor ION is specifically preferred
- Experience must include integration development, workflow design, monitoring and alerting configuration, event management, and solution support
- Experience with cloud services and infrastructure, preferably AWS and Azure. Knowledge of AWS Lambda preferred
- Understand industry best practices for integration patterns, SOAP and REST services, and XML and JSON message formats
- Proven knowledge of system, integration, and data architecture standards and frameworks
- Proven knowledge of various backend development languages and database technologies
- Experience with technical mentoring in the areas of solution design, code reviews, and integration modeling
- High level of data literacy, including development of canonical models, resource definition, and schema design
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail industry preferred, but not required
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
Competencies and Characteristics:
- Architecture mindset – understands how to align business requirements to appropriate integration patterns and solutions
- Technology neutral – can remain unbiased toward specific technologies they specialize in; able to assess technology solutions and options objectively
- Learning agility – able to ramp up quickly on new technologies, leveraging existing knowledge and learning patterns
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional team discussions and assessments
- Able to articulate ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders