New York, NY
ABOUT PROJECT HEALTHY MINDS
Project Healthy Minds is a mental health tech non-profit startup. We are pioneering a first-of-its-kind model: applying technology to address one of the biggest social issues of our time: the growing mental health crisis. We believe in a simple but profound idea: that it should be as easy to find mental health services as it is to book a flight or a restaurant reservation. That’s why we’re building the world’s first digital marketplace for finding mental health services that are right for you.
To do that, we work with some of the most inspiring and influential leaders in America – business titans, tech entrepreneurs, clinicians and scientists, musicians, artists, athletes, media stars, policymakers, and more. Because we believe that the world’s most complex challenges require interdisciplinary teams and solutions.
We are backed by a powerhouse of industry-leading Board of Directors and Advisory Council Members who are passionate, hands-on, and dive into the important work with us.
Learn more at projecthealthyminds.com and @projecthealthyminds on social.
ABOUT THE ROLE
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re hiring a founding VP of Product to partner with the Founder & CEO to build the world’s first mental health marketplace and deliver on the vision of making it as easy to find and access mental health services as it is to book a flight, hotel, or restaurant reservation – changing tens of millions of lives.
In this role, you are a member of the senior leadership team. You will be responsible for shaping and executing the product roadmap of building the world’s first mental health marketplace. Product leaders here start by imagining the ideal end state for our community (users and mental health service partners) first and work backward from it. You will build and lead a world-class team. You will champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. You will partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, scientific advisory, marketing, partnerships, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. You are scrappy, hands-on, are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and demonstrate emotional ownership in making sure that we get the right outcome for our community.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
● Lead the creation and execution of a hypothesis- and data-driven roadmap of Project Healthy Minds’ marketplace (and subsequent products). Challenge the status quo and inspire the team to achieve a higher outcome.
● Define successful product outcomes with clearly measurable objectives and key results. Create accountability against goals. Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
● Build a world-class team and lead and inspire a cross-functional team and partners through the journey of startup life. Influence positive outcomes by working across the team, cross-functional partners, leadership, and external stakeholders.
● Understand user and mental health service partner needs; identify and define product requirements. You will give our users and partners a fantastic experience by understanding their world and delivering impeccably crafted products and services.
● Leverage online controlled experiments and quantitative and qualitative user insights to make data-informed decisions. Make tradeoffs to balance long-term and short-term growth that benefit the user.
● Communicate crisply and concisely in any medium. Demonstrate strong storytelling and narrative writing capabilities.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
● An inspiring product leader – you have a demonstrated track record of product leadership. You are a pro at defining a winning product strategy and creating a sound roadmap. You have a preternatural ability to align the vision, OKRs, strategy, and roadmap with senior leaders and stakeholders across the organization. You have a strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications. You have the experience, thoughtfulness, network, and respect of your former colleagues to help build a world-class team.
● A driven entrepreneur, with heart – you are a fast learner, passionate about changing the lives of tens of millions of people, and don’t wait for someone else to ask you to do something – you beat everyone else to getting it done.
● A multi-dimensional thinker who is consumer-obsessed – you craft and proactively iterate a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the marketplace by starting every meeting, exercise, and process from the perspective of what real people want and need from our marketplace. You have an uncanny ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to anticipate what users want and need. You autonomously craft a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand product narrative that influences stakeholders. You are obsessed with creating simple yet elegant customer experiences.
● A voracious learner and lover of marketplaces – you identify as a critical thinker and deep listener. You’re eager to ask questions, learn new topics, and apply learnings skillfully. You love studying marketplaces in other categories and then applying those lessons to our roadmap.
● A creative problem solver – you create clarity out of ambiguous situations and guide teams through business pivots while proactively managing team expectations and morale.
● An operations guru – you love creating efficient processes, building new ways of working, and ensuring that teams are working in as effective and efficient a manner as possible.
● A strong communicator – you have a strong ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience. Building relationships is one of your core competencies. You care about delivering top-notch performance, teamwork, and demonstrating that you care about supporting all stakeholders’ needs. You role model behavior that encourages open communication and curiosity. You create and preserve collaborative and trusting relationships across teams.
● Detail-oriented – when it comes to your work, you are hyper-organized with a keen attention to detail. You will maintain the product backlog and the product roadmap.
● Collaborative – no task is too big or too small. You thrive in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment and know when to take ownership and when to ask for help.
● Mission-driven – you are passionate about our work and eager to build game-changing technology in the mental health space that can change the lives of tens of millions of people.
● Passionate about health and well-being – you are intellectually stimulated by the idea of building a platform in the health and well-being space. A background in healthcare is a plus.
● Experienced – BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent, and at least 8-20+ years of product management experience (building D2C and/or marketplace products preferred). You have experience leading teams across platforms, including web, iOS, and Android.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive compensation
• Floating holidays and generous PTO
• Recurring employee off-site and professional development experiences
• Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Experience joining a dynamic start-up environment that is re-writing the playbook for social change in the mental health tech space
• Benefits of joining a close-knit, highly-motivated team with mentorship opportunities from founding leaders, Advisors, and Board members
• Learning & Development opportunities, including free MasterClass subscriptions
• Opportunity to attend inspiring experiences and events with thought leaders, business executives, and iconic speakers across a range of industries
The annual salary for this role is $150,000 – $250,000, depending on experience, skills, and other relevant considerations.
EEO Guidelines: Project Healthy Minds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Project Healthy Minds will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, and will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable “Fair Chance” laws.
COVID Guidelines: The health and safety of our Project Healthy Minds community is the highest priority. As such, Project Healthy Minds is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated and boosted with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.