Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago’s suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
Our Clinical team is truly the heart of our mission at Pelago. In this newly created role of VP, Care Delivery, you will lead our dynamic team of health coaches, counselors (Drug & Alcohol counselors, LPCs, LCSWs) and providers (NPs and MDs). You will bring your passion for member care, ingenuity and impeccable management skills to lead the clinical team through rapid growth, scale and change. As a cross-functional leader and a representative of the clinical voice, you will collaborate with leaders across the company to implement clinical strategies that optimize the member experience, outcomes and always come back to patient safety. You’ll develop systems-thinking approaches to managing a growing team. Most importantly, you’ll play an integral role in contributing to Pelago’s mission to break down barriers to substance use management care.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Pelago’s growing clinical team of health coaches, counselors and providers including oversight to direct delivery of care as well as interviewing, hiring and retainment of clinical team
- Oversee clinical supervision and quality assurance across clinical team
- Develop and maintain clinical policies, procedures and protocols that adhere to Pelago’s services and regulatory requirements, and that optimize for patient safety, outcomes and engagement
- Monitor and overall accountability for key metrics such as clinical team performance, clinical team member engagement, turnover, protocol adherence and quality/outcomes
- Monitor and maintain treatment fidelity to the evidence-based practices that are core to Pelago’s clinical approach
- Partner with Operations, Product and Clinical Research, and Strategy leadership to conceptualize and operationalize clinical, product and operational strategies that impact clinical team
- Lead clinical management team to drive best care practices as Pelago services grow and scale
- Represent the clinical team as a leadership voice in cross-functional initiatives
Desirable Qualifications and Expertise:
- Minimum Masters degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Doctoral degree preferred (PhD, PsyD or MD)
- Active and unrestricted license in good standing
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct clinical experience + minimum of 5+ years senior leadership experience
- Experience building and leading large multidisciplinary clinical teams
- Well versed in evidence-based practices for individuals with substance use and co-occurring disorders
- Experience managing regulatory compliance, preparing for and leading accreditation visits
- Experience leading in a fast paced environment, digital health startup preferred
- Exposure and experience with healthcare regulations related to telehealth
- Exceptional communicator and collaborator able to lead large teams through fast-paced and ambiguous environments