We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
The ZOE Finance team embodies the values of ZOE within an open, transparent and high performing team. Current team members come with a wealth of experience in Start-up’s, high growth, and transformational change. Looking into 2024 and beyond there are key projects which offer a great opportunity for empowerment and learning. Core to our performance is a collaborative approach across departments.
About the role
The Senior Management Accountant role will be supported by the Financial Controller in the establishment of finance as a function within ZOE. This role will be instrumental in the design, delivery and implementation of improvements and identification of value opportunities.
This is an opportunity to leverage your strong finance skills in an exciting and fast-paced environment: you will be joining one of the UK’s 10 fastest-growing start-ups. https://sifted.eu/articles/10-fastest-growing-startups-uk. Working closely with the Financial Controller, Financial Reporting Lead and wider leadership team, you will drive financial excellence for a company which has a potential route to IPO in 5-7 years. You will be a significant contributor, and your role will evolve as the business grows.
- Performing monthly financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and supporting financial models for the Group (UK and US entities).
- Identifying opportunities to enhance finance as a function. Supporting or owning the delivery of key projects, ranging from systems implementation to improving processes for a scaling business and controls for audit.
- Supporting enhancement and delivery of insightful reporting to our Exec team, our Board and Venture Capital investors.
- Working with key stakeholders and business management to provide support and to gather information for forecasting, planning and analysis.
- Managing year-end queries and support on data requests during the external audit process.
- Balance sheet controls; ensuring ownership and communication across teams for key accrual accounts.
- VAT and Sales Tax return review and submission. Ensuring business processes are designed with automation.
We think you’ll be a great fit if you…
- Proven finance professional with management accountant experience at a start-up who is comfortable with ambiguity and a fast pace.
- Have relevant post-qualification finance experience (qualified with CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Have a robust character with the ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities.
- Are a process minded individual who can identify weaknesses in a process and who are confident to implement change.
- Are naturally a problem solver with attention to detail and scientific approach to data analysis and insight.
- Have worked closely with stakeholders in a remote setting.
- Are systematic and organised. You have experience in roles with multiple responsibilities.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Have fantastic Excel Skills and experience within the Google Suite environment.
- Have a solid knowledge of IFRS
- Are a great collaborator with a positive attitude who people enjoy working with. You have experience working cross-functionally.