San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and we want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Employees in hybrid roles are required to be in the office 2 days/week. We will be expanding to 3 days/week in the office beginning April of 2024.
About the Role
Hinge Health is a market leader in digital health and is looking for an experienced Salesforce Admin to join a growing commercial operations team. The Salesforce Admin will support the Sales Cloud instance and provide daily support to the platforms. This individual will provide training and support to end-users, troubleshoot issues, ensure data quality, create custom reports, set up new user accounts, and implement best practices. The Salesforce Admin will work closely with highly experienced commercial operations professionals and will support the needs of sales, partnerships, and client success teams. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high growth startup.
The ideal candidate will have 2 – 3 years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator and has experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The candidate will have a strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and has the ability to implement them. The commercial operations team is dedicated to automating tasks and improving user experience so the candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to implement flows and other automation tools. Strong problem solving and analytical skills are critical for this role as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Manage and maintain Salesforce platform, including user setup, data management, and system customization
- Implement automation in Salesforce using Flows
- Develop and maintain documentation for Salesforce processes and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements
- Provide training and support for users on Salesforce platform and automation processes
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Detail orientation + big picture thinking: Able to balance the need for attention to detail, yet think strategically to achieve goals of the team
- Analytical (Data-driven): Able to analyze data or synthesize information to provide meaningful insights and recommendations to teams in a structured, easy-to-understand way
- Prioritization: Able to execute tasks and projects in an environment with competing demands
- Self-starter: Can work independently with little oversight. Minimizes careless errors with deliverables.
- Owner mindset: Ability to think like an owner
- Professional: Able to communicate with poise across all levels of an organization
- Salesforce certification(s) is a plus
- Healthcare startup expereince
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.