Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As the Director, Demand Planning, you will own the demand planning process for North America with the outcome to create a 24-month operational forecast throughout the life cycle for every product and a 5-year strategic demand Plan. You will direct cross functional collaboration across Product Marketing, Sales, and Finance functions to reach consensus on the operating and long-term strategic demand plans, considering all relevant insights, assumptions, and signals. You will play a key role supporting Brooks Senior Leadership Team in enabling and optimizing North America Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) process beyond the Demand Operational forecasting including Portfolio rationalization, Safety stock alignment, future revenue risk and opportunities.
This transformational leader contributes to the design of global demand planning operational excellence and drives its deployment and change management in NA, considering all aspects of process, system, and people standard & capabilities.
- Direct demand planning and forecasting strategies, goals, processes, systems, organizational structure, metrics, and capabilities to meet ongoing business requirements and Brooks standards
- Lead, manage and develop the Demand Planning Managers and Senior Analysts including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, culture, etc. in support of job satisfaction, retention, and career development
- Collaborate to shape the global Demand Planning Excellence strategy, and drives its deployment and change management in NA, including all aspects of process, system, and people standard & capabilities
- Plan and execute the Brooks Demand Planning continuous improvement per people, process, and system standards to enable forecast accuracy metric improvement (FA%, Bias%) and other related KPI, using proper problem-solving techniques
- Provide work direction, planning and SLAs to demand planning stakeholders to ensure delivery of S&OP & collaborative demand planning process. Collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-functionally with senior leadership, sales, product, supply chain, finance, and other teams as needed
- Lead the S&OP/Pre-Demand Review and Demand Review to:
- Drive consensus meetings with Sales, Product Marketing, Finance to ensure forecast accuracy shared goals are achieved
- Collaborate with Operations leaders to assess service and inventory risk/opportunity and drive demand scenario planning accordingly
- Review distribution channels & customer account trends to identify and validate risks & opportunities
- Consolidate, create, and share an executive review of the demand plan by brand category and per customer channel or account for different business scenarios connecting demand variation with business parameters and drivers (door plan, introduction, promotional planning, Stock policy, portfolio sell-out performance, etc.
- Reconciliate and identify any gaps between the Demand Plan and the financial budget, to drive for appropriate actions from the Supply Chain, Business or FP&A communities
- Ensure demand planning process to plan, manage and control data for Product Life Cycle and other customer, business or industry historical data and insights (including stock in trade, sell-through, competitive landscape, macro-economics, others) to accurately support future modeling
- Lead or contribute to cross functional company projects.
- Bachelor’s in business, supply chain or related discipline, advanced degree preferred
- Demand & Supply Planning, Inventory Management, S&OP qualifications (CPIM, CPSM, APICS, etc.) preferred
- 12+ years of supply chain / planning experience including:
- 7+ years of in depth operational and leadership demand planning experience as director or senior manager
- Regional distribution/DC network & affiliates management experience
- High complexity managed multi-channel/portfolio brand product in a fast-paced consumer good environment
- 2+ years developing and/or deploying Operational Excellence and leading functional change internationally
- Proven experience on operational transformation of demand planning and S&OP processes
- Deep understanding of current demand planning/integrated planning system including:
- Demand Planning systems leveraging statistical and collaborative forecasting methods
- BI, Tableau, or any other Data warehouse/analytics system
- Excel – Intermediate/advanced level
- Proven ability to communicate and influence with people at all levels, ranging from analysts to high-level executives in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, buy-in and commitment at all levels.
- Strong ability to lead teams and develop talent and organization across multiple geographies and cultures
- Solid analytical skills to evaluate root cause analysis, thoroughness, and problem-solving skills, developing continuous improvement in a team environment
- Travel up to 5% (Domestically/Internationally)
- Embrace and live the Brooks values!