New York, NY
ABOUT PROJECT HEALTHY MINDS
Project Healthy Minds is a mental health tech non-profit startup. We are pioneering a first-of-its-kind model: applying technology to address one of the biggest social issues of our time: the growing mental health crisis. We believe in a simple but profound idea: that it should be as easy to find mental health services as it is to book a flight or a restaurant reservation. That’s why we’re building the world’s first digital marketplace for finding mental health services that are right for you.
To do that, we work with some of the most inspiring and influential leaders in America – business titans, tech entrepreneurs, clinicians and scientists, musicians, artists, athletes, media stars, policymakers, and more. Because we believe that the world’s most complex challenges require interdisciplinary teams and solutions.
We are backed by a powerhouse of industry-leading Board of Directors and Advisory Council Members who are passionate, hands-on, and dive into the important work with us.
Learn more at projecthealthyminds.com and @projecthealthyminds on social.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• On-site (Hudson Yards, NYC)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Project Healthy Minds is looking for a meticulous and driven Mid-Senior Level Designer who is multifaceted, strategic and creates bold designs that make you double-take. We’re looking for the type of Designer who knows when to follow the rules and when to shatter them and come up with something fresh and groundbreaking.
In this role, you’ll report directly to the Head of Creative and work collaboratively with all cross-functional team members. This role will be responsible for executing a wide range of creative collateral across teams and mediums. This includes marketing, development, product, web, partnerships, events, and social. Candidates should have technical expertise in key mediums (print, digital, web) and have a stand-out portfolio that showcases their boundary-pushing creativity and sharp attention to detail. You’re that Designer who leaves their ego behind and works toward the greater good of the project and organization. You’re independently brilliant, but a major team player as well. You know how to separate personal taste from visual strategy. You know when to iterate, and when to power through quickly. You thrive in a buzzing, startup environment and are extremely hands-on. You’re extremely accountable and have high emotional ownership for everything you work on. Most importantly, you love neon green. We’re looking for talented, hardworking humans who really give a shit – about the creative process, and about how every detail can make a major impact toward our mission.
● Design Leadership: Be a key representative of the Creative Team to contribute ideas, guide creative conversations, and foster collaborative understanding with cross-functional team members
● Research + Inspiration: Collect and conduct thorough research, including industry references, tutorials, moodboarding, and image searching.
● Concepting: Process briefs, interpret creative direction, and execute designs in alignment with project requirements.
● Design Execution: Execute on-brand designs for a wide range of touchpoints from digital, print, social, merch, and experiential.
● Meticulous Creation: Prepare detailed, production-ready design files adhering to best practices for print and web. Motion/animation skills are highly advantageous.
● Maintenance of Brand: Uphold brand standards, guidelines, and consistency across all design materials to maintain a cohesive brand identity.
● Templatization: Create templates for our partners and cross-functional team members to use. Should be well versed in Canva and Google Slides as key tools for collaborative creation with the larger organization.
● Self-Project Managed: Take ownership of design projects from conception to completion, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality output. Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, balancing priorities effectively.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
● Passionate about mental health: You are heart-driven, with a personal and professional desire to make an impact on individuals and society.
● Experienced: You have 3-7 years of experience as a Designer.
● Proficient in creative Programs: You demonstrate expertise in all industry-standard design software, including the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and the G-suite. Web Design is a huge plus.
● Innovative: You are a thinker in addition to a creator. You have a knack for thinking outside the box and bringing fresh, innovative ideas to the table.
● Multifaceted: You are well-versed in a wide range of mediums and channels including digital, web, print, experiential, and social. Animation is a huge plus.
● Meticulous and detail-oriented: You are dedicated to your craft and take pride in your finesse, from pixels to bezier curves, to die-lines.
● A sponge: You are always eager to learn and take on new challenges, programs, and mediums. You’re an explorer, an experimenter, and a self-led learner.
● Inspired and inspiring: You always have your finger on the pulse. You are actively engaged and enthusiastic about emerging trends in culture, design, and technology, drawing inspiration from a variety of sources.
● Collaborative spirit: You are a team player and effective communicator with an open-minded approach, leaving ego aside.
● Adaptable: You are able to thrive in dynamic, ever-changing, fast-paced environments with grace. You are resilient and understand the nature of an evolving project.
● Organized and autonomous: You love to create and follow clear creative processes and workflow. You can self-manage multiple projects, your time, and your priorities efficiently with limited oversight.
● Urgent and efficient: You know how to determine when a task Requires speed and efficiency vs exploration and iteration, and you feel comfortable in both. You can meet quick-turn project deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
● A truly awesome human: You are deeply thoughtful, personable, compassionate, and have a positive attitude in and out of the workplace.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive compensation
• Floating holidays and generous PTO
• Recurring employee off-site and professional development experiences
• Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Experience joining a dynamic start-up environment that is re-writing the playbook for social change in the mental health tech space
• Benefits of joining a close-knit, highly-motivated team with mentorship opportunities from founding leaders, Advisors, and Board members
• Learning & Development opportunities, including free MasterClass subscriptions
• Opportunity to attend inspiring experiences and events with thought leaders, business executives, and iconic speakers across a range of industries
EEO Guidelines: Project Healthy Minds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Project Healthy Minds will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, and will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable “Fair Chance” laws.
COVID Guidelines: The health and safety of our Project Healthy Minds community is the highest priority. As such, Project Healthy Minds is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated and boosted with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: The final stage of this interview process will require the completion of a creative assignment with a nominal, courtesy compensation.