Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Associate Corporate Counsel at Headspace Health:
Headspace is seeking a junior to mid-level Associate Corporate Counsel as we build our legal department. In this role, you will draft, negotiate, review and revise business-to-business sales contracts, data protection agreements, partnership agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. Additionally, you will drive all aspects of the legal and business-to-business review process, which will include liaising directly with the sales team and leaders to prioritize contract review and negotiations. You will also represent the Legal Function in our vendor review process, including reviewing vendor agreements and data protection agreements and working with cross functional partners on the review, where applicable. You will also perform various research tasks and execute deliverables on behalf of the Corporate Counsel related to the following areas:Data privacy (including the organization’s privacy by design program); People operations; Science and research; andA broad spectrum of various legal issues related to international operations.
The ideal candidate is fluent in the language of commercial contracts and has a keen interest in implementing solutions to optimize the legal function of a content-driven technology company. You have great judgment, are an analytical and detailed thinker, and a skilled communicator. You are a willing team-player, a quick learner, thrive under pressure, and have experience in a fast-paced environment. Background in data privacy regulations, such as GDPR and CCPA, is strongly preferred.
Most importantly, you are passionate about the Headspace mission.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Lead the negotiation, review and revision of business-to-business sales agreements and associated data protection agreements with respect to the suite of “Headspace Health” products and services; oversee and optimize various processes and workstreams regarding Legal review of such agreements; represent the Legal Function when liaising directly with business-to-business clients.
- You are solutions-focused and a reliable partner to the sales organization as demonstrated through your willingness to prioritize deals and speak with clients directly, where necessary. You are skilled at educating cross-functional partners on key areas of legal and commercial risk.
- Lead the negotiation, review and revision of services agreements and associated data protection agreements with respect to various external vendors procured by the company; oversee and optimize various processes and workstreams regarding Legal review of such agreements; represent the Legal Function when liaising directly with vendors.
- This skill includes the ability to prioritize accordingly and exercise discretion while communicating with Headspace Health’s cross functional partners to assess risk against vendor value proposition.
- You will also perform various research tasks and execute deliverables on behalf of the Corporate Counsel related to the following areas:
- Data privacy (including the organization’s privacy by design program);
- People operations;
- Science and research; and
- A broad spectrum of various legal issues related to international operations.
What you’ve accomplished:
- In-depth understanding of the substantive terms of business-to-business sales agreements and associated data protection agreements, as well as a demonstrated experience working with sales teams and business-to-business customers to review, negotiate and revise such agreements.
- Significant experience in the review, drafting and revision of vendor services agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- At least 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced law firm or legal department.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a startup environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to be self-directed and autonomous when necessary.
- Experience with data privacy laws and regulations is a strong plus.
- Experience with laws and regulations related to international operations is a strong plus.
- Passion for digital health, and/or wellness.
- Bar admission in California.