North Vancouver, BC
Your opportunity at Arc’teryx:
As our VP, Brand Management at Arc’teryx, you will lead a dynamic team of leaders responsible for shaping the brand’s reputation, telling our most authentic story, and developing our presence and positioning on a global scale. You will be instrumental in creating and driving global brand strategies that communicate our most important values and connect our brand to the outdoor communities many diverse audiences. Your leadership will help guide Arc’teryx into the future through expert strategic positioning and management of our brand narrative.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid work.
Meet your team:
You and your team of direct reports will partner closely with Product Design, Regional Marketing, Brand Creative, Brand Communications, and Our Brand Integration team to execute the Arc’teryx brand strategy, both within the organization and externally with our guest. You will lead and drive the evolution of our cross-functional strategic input, enable key design and innovation stories, and empower creativity across the business through clear strategic planning. We will look to you for thoughtful disruption in the way we think, act, and show up for our guest.
If you were a VP, Brand Management now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Driving vision and leadership for a diverse team of strategists, brand managers, athlete program manager, and relationship builders
- Acting as a North Star for our internal functional counterparts as the keeper of global strategic positioning
- Fostering close collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Design, Product, and Commercial
- Leveraging consumer insights, market trends, and competitive analysis to inform and drive strategic decisions
- Overseeing the creation of resonant, innovative brand campaigns that amplify Arc’teryx’s presence across all channels
- Working with our Brand Intelligence team to establish performance metrics and KPIs to gauge the impact of brand initiatives, and continually refine strategies based on data-driven insights
- Championing a culture of belonging within the brand management function, embedding Arc’teryx’s values into all aspects of brand strategy
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key external partners, agencies, and stakeholders to maximize collaboration and influence
- Setting strategic direction and maintain close partnership with our regional brand leaders to drive consistency around the globe
- In collaboration with design, helping enable creativity and innovation to reach new market segments
- Executing on how we interact with our community, social and environmental partnerships
- Building the future of our athlete programs and developing a foundation for how we impact their lives
- Owning strategic brand collaborations and how they tie into our vertical future.
- Presenting strategy and product stories at all key stage gate meetings to excite and inspire stakeholders
- Setting the global benchmark for how we build our brand through major community investment, storytelling, and partner/athlete relationship
Are you our next VP, Brand Management?
- You are acutely aware of the outdoor industry, technical outdoor product, you are connected to the culture of outdoor sport, and understand the highest-level of mountain athlete performance
- You’ve built a successful career on collaborating and inspiring ideas that have led to major brand advancements in the outdoor industry (both vertical and wholesale)
- You have 10 – 15 years’ experience leading creative functions for an apparel brand
- You have a proven track record in developing and leading the execution of a multi-year business strategy
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to lead in a complex matrix business environment
- You have proven people leadership skills and the ability to build, coach and guide a diverse and high performing team
- You have strong influential leadership, with the ability to drive alignment across diverse cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives
- You have a strong awareness of the Arc’teryx brand, product, and consumer.
- You understand the retail and digital landscape including the latest trends and innovations
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions through your growth mindset
- You seek the best (not necessarily the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and strive for continuous improvement
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You have exceptional leadership and communication skill and are able to work effectively across a global business